Home Systems Protection
HSB equipment breakdown coverage for homeowners
HSB Home Systems Protection (HSP) addresses the latest breakdown risks to homeowners today, and gives insurers the flexibility to customize each homeowner’s policy. There’s no other program available that protects your customers with so much added value.
- Protection for home systems, such as water heaters; heating and air conditioning; appliances; and electronics
- Coverage for sensitive microelectronics which are used in many of the emerging technologies found in today’s homes
- Incentives for insureds to upgrade to energy- or water-efficient systems
Flexible and affordable
HSP can be configured to provide broad coverage for a wide range of interior and exterior home systems.
Insurers have the flexibility to:
- Customize coverage per client to fit business strategies
- Offer broad protection at an affordable price
- Tailor limits and deductibles to each client’s needs
Covers spoilage and living expenses, too
In addition to covering physical damage, HSP also provides for:
- The cost of perishable goods that spoil as a result of a home systems breakdown
- Additional living expenses and fair rental value if the home is uninhabitable during repair
- Extra costs to make temporary repairs and expedite permanent repairs or replacement
- Costs to clean up or dispose of pollutants that are the direct result of a home system breakdown
- Costs to use “green” materials and service providers that are recommended by a recognized environmental standards program
Environmental safety and efficiency coverage
Future loss avoidance
Unique microelectronics coverage
Homeowners’ reliance on home systems and appliances - and the microelectronics, firmware, and software that run them - makes the risk of breakdown a growing worry for homeowners. Damage to microelectronics can be undetectable, but a breakdown from firmware corruption or software failure is covered when replacement of one or more electronic circuitry components restores functionality.
Until now, property coverage required proof of physical damage, which could leave insureds without coverage for repair, replacement, and data loss caused by technology failures. However, HSB offers a first: Coverage is included in the Home Systems Protection limit, and there are no special sub-limits or deductibles.