Today’s homeowners are more connected than ever – from their computers and phones, to entertainment systems and even household appliances and equipment. While these connections have made their lives simpler and easier, they’ve also opened up homeowners to a new range of personal cyber risks.
HSB Home Cyber Protection™ offers a suite of cyber coverage and services for computer attacks, cyber extortion, online fraud and the breach of personal information involving smart phones, computers and connected home devices.
Industry’s first personal cyber insurance
This inventive personal lines coverage bundles cyber insurance protections once available only to businesses, but are now increasingly important to any individual who stores information electronically and accesses data online.
HSB Home Cyber Protection™ coverages include:
- Computer Attack, to remove malware and reprogram computers and tablets, Wi-Fi routers or other internet access points
- Home Systems Attack, to restore devices connected to the internet, including smartphones, thermostats, smart appliances, and security and monitoring systems
- Cyber Extortion, with professional assistance on how to respond to a ransomware attack and payment of ransom when approved
- Data Breach, including forensic IT and legal reviews, notification and recovery services when private non-business data entrusted to an individual is lost, stolen or published
- Online Fraud, for losses due to identity theft, phishing schemes, illegal bank and credit card transfers, forgery, counterfeit currency, and other deceptions