Critical coverage for homeowners
Covers broad range of service lines
HSB’s Service Line coverage pays to repair or replace homeowner-owned, exterior underground water and sewer piping, electrical service lines and data lines and wiring that fail or are accidentally broken.
Covered service lines include:
- Communications, including cable and data lines, internet access and telecommunications
- Compressed air
- Electrical power
- Heating, including geothermal, natural gas, propane, and steam
- Waste disposal
Damage, repair, extra expenses covered
HSB’s Service Line coverage will pay up to $10,000 for each service line failure incident, and covers excavation costs and repair or replacement of the piping or wiring.
Coverage can also pay for:
- Hotels, meals, rent, or other living expenses when a family must leave their residence because of a covered loss
- Generators and other temporary equipment needed to remain in their home
- Damage to outside property, including trees, shrubs, sidewalks, driveways, decks, and landscaping when caused by a service line failure
Service Line coverage is easy to add
Service Line coverage is available through insurance companies that partner with HSB. We make it easy and affordable to add Service Line coverage to the homeowners policies of our client insurers, with HSB providing claim services, form design and state filing support, agent training, and marketing support services.
The coverage may be provided as an enhancement to insurers’ homeowners policies or packaged in an extended coverage endorsement to such policies.