Identity Recovery coverage
Identity Recovery Services
Identity Theft Help-Line
Case Manager Service
It's helpful for victims to have professional assistance because it's typically very difficult for individuals to work with, or even reach, the correct persons in credit bureaus, creditors and financial institutions. Confirmed identity theft claimants are referred to a Case Manager who guides them through all the steps in the process to correct their credit history or identity records.
This can include:
- Calling credit bureaus and creditors and facilitating communications between the victim and person who can correct records;
- Helping victims review their credit reports to identify errors that need to be corrected and coordinating action to make those corrections;
- Writing letters for the insured to send to credit bureaus and other institutions;
- Keeping detailed records of the steps taken and remaining in the process.
Expense Reimbursement Coverage
Expense Reimbursement Coverage pays victims for the costs incurred in the steps they handle themselves to resolve problems resulting from identity theft.
Covered expenses include the following:
- Lost wages as a result of time away from work (applicable to homeowner accounts);
- Child and elder care costs;
- Credit bureau reports;
- Fees when reapplying for loans initially declined due to falsified credit information;
- Postage, phone and shipping fees;
- Certain legal fees caused by identity theft;
- Other miscellaneous costs;
- Notary and filing fees