HSB’s coverage can be bundled
Identity Recovery coverage combines identity theft insurance with services that help victims restore their credit history and identity records to pre-theft status.
Offered through P&C insurers
HSB offers this program through other property-casualty insurers whom we reinsure and service. It’s designed to be bundled within homeowners insurance products.
Robust services included
HSB also provides a full range of services to help insurers integrate the coverage and services into their products. Those include:
Identity recovery services
Identity theft help line
Case manager service
Expense Reimbursement coverage
Expense Reimbursement coverage pays victims for the costs they incur for the steps they take themselves to resolve their identity theft problems.
Covered expenses include the following:
- Lost wages resulting from time away from work (applicable to homeowner accounts)
- Child and elder care costs
- Credit bureau reports
- Fees when reapplying for loans initially declined due to falsified credit information
- Postage, phone, and shipping fees
- Certain legal fees caused by identity theft
- Other miscellaneous costs
- Notary and filing fees