Erection All Risks Insurance
Comprehensive cover for construction machinery installation and refurbishment; available on a single risk or annual basis.
Broker/agent trading options
During a construction project, the responsibility for insuring against loss or damage to electrical and mechanical plant whilst in the erection and installation stage often falls to the contractor or employer.
Erection All Risks Insurance provides comprehensive cover for machinery installation and refurbishment, and is available on a single risk or annual basis.
Our policy can be arranged in the name of the contractor, the principal or joint names depending on the project requirement.
- machinery; from the commencement of loading for despatch to site (including transit and incidental storage)
- erection and installation of plant and machinery during the construction period
- defective design and machinery breakdown, where selected, during testing and commissioning
- free issue materials where these are included in the declared values
Delegated authority/reinsurance solutions
We can also provide our partners with innovative, all-encompassing construction solutions.
If you’re looking to provide specialist cover as part of your commercial proposition, contact our Partnerships Team.
Why buy Erection All Risks Insurance from HSB?
- Policy wordings specifically designed with contractors/sub-contractors, property builders and developers, and construction plant owners in mind
- Extensive underwriting expertise
- Specialist engineering knowledge of plant and machinery
- Cover available across the UK and Ireland
- Access to experienced in-house construction loss control risk engineers
- Access to claims handlers and loss adjusters with specialist knowledge of the construction industry
HSB is committed to providing a superior customer experience through our specialist claims service
HSB Construction Insurance in action
Damage caused to a crane and contract works
Damage caused to a trailer and excavator whilst in transit
Damage caused to a crane whilst in transit
Product Spotlight: HSB Machinery Inherent Defects Insurance
Why choose HSB?
- Leading specialist provider of engineering and technology insurance and inspection services in the UK and Ireland
- UK-based arm of HSB Group, the equipment breakdown insurance and inspection market leader since 1866
- Part of Munich Re, a world leader in risk solutions, consistent risk management and financial stability
- Financially strong and stable – rated A++ (Superior) by A.M. Best Company
- A member of the Institute of Customer Service, demonstrating our commitment to continually improving customer service performance and professionalism