HSB Project Construction Insurance
Access via HSB Fast Track and Acturis
Focused on minimising the disruption to a construction project, we can provide comprehensive cover for single project construction, buildings and civil engineering contract works; and, optionally, owned and hired-in contractors’ plant as well as employees' tools and personal effects.
- Materials from the commencement of loading for despatch to site (including transit and incidental storage)
- Contract works during the construction period (including automatic continuation of cover for ongoing contracts that increase in contract price, up to 125% of the sum insured)
- Maintenance and defective design
- Free issue materials where these are included in the declared values
Trading made simple
Our construction e-trade product has been developed to be traded entirely online; making it quick and easy to quote and bind cover, process mid-term adjustments and obtain renewal terms. Access via Acturis or HSB Fast Track; our online broker trading platform:
Why buy HSB Construction Insurance?
Our underwriters and risk engineers have extensive experience in providing construction insurance and are recognised as experts in this field.
Drawing on our vast expertise in the construction sector, we are able to provide insurance products to meet the insurable risks of a specific project:
- Policy wordings specifically designed with contractors, property developers and construction plant owners in mind
- Extensive underwriting expertise of construction projects
- Specialist engineering knowledge of plant and machinery
- Cover available across the UK and Ireland
- Access to experienced in-house construction loss control risk engineers
- A dedicated, customer-focused in-house claims team with specialist knowledge of the construction industry
Why choose HSB?
- Leading specialist provider of engineering and technology insurance and inspection services in the UK and Ireland
- Winner of the 2021 British Insurance Awards 'Specialist Insurance Company of the Year' award
- UK-based arm of HSB Group, the equipment breakdown insurance and inspection market leader since 1866
- Part of Munich Re, a world leader in risk solutions, consistent risk management and financial stability
- Financially strong and stable – rated A++ (Superior) by A.M. Best Company
- A member of the Institute of Customer Service, demonstrating our commitment to continually improving customer service performance and professionalism