Providing risk solutions for the construction industry, with a range of insurance policies available to mitigate risks across the UK and Ireland
Broker/Agent trading options
Delegated authority/reinsurance solutions
All construction, erection and installation work contain an element of risk, whether created by the nature of the work to be carried out, by the contractual liability or by the perils of the location in which the works take place.
HSB Construction Insurance policies are specifically designed with the construction industry in mind, focused on minimising the disruption to commercial construction/residential construction projects across the UK and Ireland. From contractors’ plant and contract works to machinery movement and installation.
As a leading construction insurance provider, risks such as third-party liability, delays in construction project start-up and completion, commissioning and testing of machinery, and owned and hired-in plant can all be insured via our elements of cover.
Why buy HSB Construction Insurance?
Our underwriters and risk engineers have extensive experience in the construction sector and are recognised as experts in this field. Drawing on our vast expertise in the sector as a construction insurer, we are able to provide construction insurance policies to meet the insurable risks of a specific project.
- Policy wordings specifically designed with construction companies, contractors/sub-contractors, property builders and developers, and construction plant owners in mind
- Extensive underwriting expertise
- Specialist engineering knowledge of plant and machinery
- Insurance covers available across the UK and Ireland
- Access to experienced in-house construction loss control risk engineers
- An established, responsive E-Trade Team for e-trade product underwriting referrals, general e-trade support and enquiries
- Access to claims handlers and loss adjusters with specialist knowledge of the construction industry
Delegated Authority/Reinsurance Solutions
We can provide our partners with innovative, all-encompassing construction insurance solutions. If you're looking to provide specialist covers as part of your commercial proposition, contact our team.
Construction trends: The top five influences that are impacting the market
View our presentation (live recording)
Product Spotlight: HSB Machinery Inherent Defects Insurance
Available for periods of up to 12 years, HSB Machinery Inherent Defects Insurance provides comprehensive cover for the mechanical and electrical services installed in new buildings undergoing construction, 'shell and core' building refurbishments, and completed buildings less than two years old.
Why choose HSB?
- Leading specialist provider of engineering and technology insurance and inspection services in the UK and Ireland
- Winner of the 2021 British Insurance Awards 'Specialist Insurance Company of the Year' award
- UK-based arm of HSB Group, the equipment breakdown insurance and inspection market leader since 1866
- Part of Munich Re, a world leader in risk solutions, consistent risk management and financial stability
- Financially strong and stable – rated A++ (Superior) by A.M. Best Company
- A member of the Institute of Customer Service, demonstrating our commitment to continually improving customer service performance and professionalism