Providing risk solutions for the construction industry, with a range of policies available to mitigate risks across the UK and Ireland.
We offer standard and e-trade options for insurance brokers, and delegated authority/reinsurance solutions for our partners.
All construction, erection and installation work contain an element of risk, whether created by the nature of the work to be carried out, by the contractual liability or by the perils of the location in which the works take place.
Specifically designed with the construction industry in mind, our policies are focused on minimising the disruption to a construction project; from contractors’ plant and contract works to machinery movement and installation. Risks such as third-party liability, delays in construction project start-up and completion, commissioning and testing of machinery, and owned and hired-in plant can all be insured via our elements of cover.
Delegated Authority/Reinsurance Solutions
Why buy HSB Construction Insurance?
- Policy wordings specifically designed with contractors, property developers and construction plant owners in mind
- Extensive underwriting expertise
- Specialist engineering knowledge of plant and machinery
- Cover available across the UK and Ireland
- Access to experienced in-house construction loss control risk engineers
- Access to claims handlers and loss adjusters with specialist knowledge of the construction industry
Why choose HSB?
- Leading specialist provider of engineering and technology insurance and inspection services in the UK and Ireland
- Winner of the 2021 British Insurance Awards 'Specialist Insurance Company of the Year' award
- UK-based arm of HSB Group, the equipment breakdown insurance and inspection market leader since 1866
- Part of Munich Re, a world leader in risk solutions, consistent risk management and financial stability
- Financially strong and stable – rated A++ (Superior) by A.M. Best Company
- A member of the Institute of Customer Service, demonstrating our commitment to continually improving customer service performance and professionalism