Cookies and log files
While you are on-line, your computer saves so-called cookies. These are small files that control how our website is displayed and operates. Cookies do not damage your computer and do not contain viruses. Cookies serve to make our internet presence more user-friendly, effective and secure.
Most of the cookies we use are 'session cookies' which are automatically deleted as soon as you leave the site.
You can change your browser settings so that you are notified when cookies are being used, and you can allow them only once, or refuse them in certain cases or completely. You may also activate the automatic deletion of cookies when you close your browser. Deactivating cookies may restrict website functionality.
We also employ other cookies to carry out anonymous statistical analyses of our internet presence, which also do not identify you personally. We commission service providers to carry out the statistical evaluations, and these are performed exclusively for us and on our behalf. For this reason, when you visit our website, cookies from these service providers are also stored on your device.
Cookies utilised, including the duration the cookies are cached, are as follows:
- JSESSIONID, www.munichre.com: the session ID for internal use on the server, specifically used for load distribution (duration: removed at the end of your browser session).
- munichre_com_cookies_accepted, www.munichre.com: registers the ‘read’ status of the cookie banner (duration: 60 months)
- WT_FPC, .munichre.com: visitor identification for the statistical evaluation of web trends (duration: 24 months)
- ACOOKIE, wt.munichre.com: visitor identification for the statistical evaluation of web trends (duration: 10 years)
- WEBTRENDS_ID, wt.munichre.com: visitor identification for the statistical evaluation of web trends (duration: 10 years)
- munichre_com_stat_opt_out, www.munichre.com: registers an opt out from statistical evaluation (duration: 10 years)
- s_ecid: contains a copy of the Adobe Experience Cloud ID for visitor identification using Adobe Analytics (duration: 24 months)
- AMCV_###AdobeOrg: contains the unique Adobe Experience Cloud user ID for visitor identification using Adobe Analytics (duration: 24 months)
- s_cc, Session-Cookie: detects whether cookies are permitted (duration: removed at the end of the browser session).
- s_sq, Session-Cookie: registers the last link clicked (duration: removed at the end of the browser session).
- s_vi: contains a unique visitor ID for visitor identification using Adobe Analytics (duration: 24 months)
- s_fid: contains a copy of the unique visitor ID for visitor identification using Adobe Analytics (duration: 24 months)
If you do not want cookies for statistical evaluations to be stored on your computer, you can object to them by opting out using the button below. In this case, an opt-out cookie will be stored on your device that prevents our website cookies for statistical evaluations from being stored on your computer in future.
Control the use of statistical evaluation cookies
Server log files
The information that your browser automatically sends us is collected automatically and saved in server log files. They contain:
- Browser type and version
- Operating system used
- Referrer URL (the URL that the user comes from)
- Host name (network name) of the accessing computer
- Time of server request
This data cannot be traced to individual people. We do not merge this data with other data sources. We reserve the right to review the information subsequently, and report it to authorities (such as the police or public prosecutor’s office), if there are concrete indications that our internet presence is being used illegally (for example, a hacking attack on our network).