HSB Annual Construction Insurance
Access via HSB Fast Track or Acturis
Focused on minimising the disruption to a construction project
We can provide comprehensive cover for annual construction, buildings and civil engineering contract works; and, optionally, owned and hired-in contractors’ plant as well as employees' tools and personal effects.
- Materials from the commencement of loading for despatch to site (including transit and incidental storage)
- Contract works during the construction period (including automatic continuation of cover for ongoing contracts that increase in contract price; up to 125% of the sum insured)
- Maintenance and defective design
- Free issue materials where these are included in the declared values
Why buy HSB Construction Insurance?
- Policy wordings specifically designed with contractors, property developers and construction plant owners in mind
- Extensive underwriting expertise of construction projects
- Specialist engineering knowledge of plant and machinery
- Cover available across the UK and Ireland
- Access to experienced in-house construction loss control risk engineers
- An established, responsive E-Trade Team for underwriting referrals, general e-trade support and enquiries
- A dedicated, customer-focused in-house claims team with specialist knowledge of the construction industry
A bulldozer caught fire whilst static, causing extensive damage. Due to the extent of the damage, the bulldozer had to be replaced.
A hired-in dumper was stolen from a secure area of a construction site. The incident was reported to the Police and a crime reference number was issued.
A hired-in three-ton dumper was accidentally driven into a ditch, causing water to enter the engine and causing irreparable damage.
Trading made simple
Our construction e-trade product has been developed to be traded entirely online; making it quick and easy to quote and bind cover, process mid-term adjustments and obtain renewal terms. Access via HSB Fast Track; our online broker trading platform, or Acturis.
HSB Fast Track
Product Spotlight: HSB Machinery Inherent Defects Insurance
HSB: UK construction trends
Why choose HSB?
- Leading specialist provider of engineering and technology insurance and inspection services in the UK and Ireland
- Winner of the 2021 British Insurance Awards 'Specialist Insurance Company of the Year' award
- Winner of the Insurance Times Awards 2021 'Excellence in e-Trading - Insurer' Bronze Award
- UK-based arm of HSB Group, the equipment breakdown insurance and inspection market leader since 1866
- Part of Munich Re, a world leader in risk solutions, consistent risk management and financial stability
- Financially strong and stable – rated A++ (Superior) by A.M. Best Company
- A member of the Institute of Customer Service, demonstrating our commitment to continually improving customer service performance and professionalism