Erection All Risks Insurance
E-trade options available for insurance brokers
Comprehensive cover for electrical/mechanical plant risks during the erection/installation stage of a construction project.
The responsibility for insuring against loss or damage to electrical and mechanical plant whilst in the erection and installation stage during a construction project often falls to the contractor or employer.
Erection All Risks (EAR) Insurance provides cover for machinery installation and refurbishment, and is available on a single risk or annual basis. Our policy can be arranged in the name of the contractor, the principal or joint names depending on the project requirement.
- machinery; from the commencement of loading for despatch to site (including transit and incidental storage)
- erection and installation of plant and machinery during the construction period
- defective design and machinery breakdown, where selected, during testing and commissioning
- free issue materials where these are included in the declared values
Why buy HSB Construction Insurance?
- Policy wordings specifically designed with contractors, property developers and construction plant owners in mind
- Extensive underwriting expertise
- Specialist engineering knowledge of plant and machinery
- Cover available across the UK and Ireland
- Access to experienced in-house construction loss control risk engineers
- Access to claims handlers and loss adjusters with specialist knowledge of the construction industry
Why choose HSB?
- Leading specialist provider of engineering and technology insurance and inspection services in the UK and Ireland
- Winner of the 2021 British Insurance Awards 'Specialist Insurance Company of the Year' award
- UK-based arm of HSB Group, the equipment breakdown insurance and inspection market leader since 1866
- Part of Munich Re, a world leader in risk solutions, consistent risk management and financial stability
- Financially strong and stable – rated A++ (Superior) by A.M. Best Company
- A member of the Institute of Customer Service, demonstrating our commitment to continually improving customer service performance and professionalism