UK Approved Body Services
Hartford Steam Boiler UK Limited (HSB UK) offers Approved Body Services to manufacturers of pressure equipment, transportable pressure equipment, and construction products, to be placed on the market in the United Kingdom. The Pressure Equipment (Safety) Regulations (PESR), Transportable Pressure Equipment (TPE) Regulations and UK Construction Products Regulation (CPR) are the regulations which the relevant equipment must be built to enter the UK market.
Quotations for HSB UK’s services, including all applicable fees are available by contacting your local Account Manager or Request a Quote. If you require CE marking services click here.
HSB UK offers the following certifications, under Approved Body Number 2561:
- Certification of Pressure Equipment under The Pressure Equipment (Safety) Regulations 2016 (PE(S)R)
- Approval of Permanent Joining Procedures and Personnel undermThe Pressure Equipment (Safety) Regulations 2016
- Carriage of Dangerous Goods (CDG) Directive 2008/68/EC.
- Transportable Pressure Equipment (TPE) Regulations
- Certification of Factory Production Control to system 2+, under the UK Construction Products Regulation
Policies and Procedures
HSB UK maintains and operates an integrated quality management system incorporating procedures which define and control the operation of all aspects of our Company. The quality management system is designed to comply with relevant International Quality Standards, ISO/IEC 17024, EN ISO/IEC 17065 and EN ISO/IEC 17021-1.
Copies of the below HSB UK Procedures/Policies are available upon request at GetInfo@hsb.com along with the geographical areas in which HSB operates and the status of a given HSB certification or certified individual.
The procedures relating to the certification of pressure equipment, permanent joining and construction products:
- QP10.3-7 Inspection and Certification of Pressure Equipment
- QP10.3-8 Assessment, Evaluation & Certification of Quality Management Systems
- QP10.3-10 Approval of Permanent Joining Procedures & Personnel
- QP10.3-11 Design Examination & Verification of Computer Software for Design Calculations
- QP10.3-13 Inspection and Certification of Tanks for the Carriage of Dangerous Goods
- QP10.3-14 Design Examination of Tanks for the Carriage of Dangerous Goods
- Certification Process Flow Chart (PDF, 54 KB)
- UK Impartiality statement & certification scheme pre-requisites
- Certification of Quality Management Systems Scheme under EN ISO/IEC 17021-1
- Product Certification Scheme under EN ISO/IEC 17020 & EN ISO/IEC 17065
- Personnel Certification Scheme Review under EN ISO/IEC 17024
- Construction Products Certification Scheme under EN ISO/IEC 17065
HSB UK’s policy on the use of certificates, registration marks and Approved Body number:
HSB UK is committed to working to resolve complaints in a professional, impartial and timely manner. HSB UK has a documented process for the handling of complaints and appeals and a Complaints and Appeals Process summary is available.
Complaints and appeals should be made in writing, including all relevant information and sent to GetInfo@hsb.com.
It is the policy of HSB UK to provide independent engineering inspection services of the highest standards in accordance with its customer’s requirements and those of all relevant statutory provisions. HSB UK understands the importance of impartiality in carrying out its certification activities, we manage conflicts of interest and ensure the objectivity of our certification activities.
HSB UK is a self-funded, independent certification and inspection body.
9th Floor, Chancery Place
50 Brown Street
Manchester M2 2JT
+44(0)161 817 4750
Single Source Inspection Service – HSB can perform inspections to all of your pressure equipment requirements.
Global Coverage – Our engineers and inspectors around the world allow us to cost-effectively manage complex, multi-site inspections involving a variety of standards.
Local Presence – We have local representation in Europe, Asia and the Americas so you can strategize globally and act locally.
Responsiveness – HSB responds quickly to urgent situations that require accelerated project schedules and high levels of responsiveness.
Global Inspection Staff – HSB has more than 450 pressure equipment inspectors and supervisors. We have National Board nuclear and non-nuclear commissioned inspectors in Asia, Europe, the Middle East, North and South America.
Client Focus – HSB ensures that the delivered services meet clients’ needs and requirements. Services can include everything from incoming material approval to installation and testing.
Experience – HSB brings together our knowledge of the ASME Codes and Standards, quality program development and surveillance activity, and combines it with our unique understanding of many international codes, which helps you save time and money.
Support – HSB is approved to perform pressure equipment inspections to almost all international codes and standards and often assist clients with design reviews and product inspections for international use.
How can HSB Global Inspection and Engineering Services help you? Connect with our experts now