Pressure Equipment Directive (PED) & Notified Body Services
The countries listed below typically require / accept PED
The PED covers the design, manufacture, conformity and assemblies of pressure equipment with a maximum allowable pressure greater than 0.5 bar (7.25 psig).
It is the policy of HSB Ireland Limited (HSB IE) to provide independent engineering inspection services of the highest standards in accordance with its customer’s requirements and those of all relevant statutory provisions. HSB IE understands the importance of impartiality in carrying out its certification activities, we manage conflicts of interest and ensure the objectivity of our certification activities.
HSB Ireland is a self-funded, independent certification and inspection body.
HSB Ireland Limited offers the following certifications, under Notified Body Number 2833:
- Certification of Pressure Equipment under the PED 2014/68/EU.
- Approval of Permanent Joining Procedures and Personnel under the PED 2014/68/EU.
- Certification of Factory Production Control to system 2+, under the Construction Products Regulation of (EU) 205/2011.
Policies and Procedures
HSB IE maintains and operates an integrated quality management system incorporating procedures which define and control the operation of all aspects of our Company. The quality management system is designed to comply with relevant International Quality Standards, EN ISO/IEC 17020 Type A inspection body, EN ISO/IEC 17024, EN ISO/IEC 17065 and EN ISO/IEC 17021-1.
Copies of the below HSB IE Procedures/Policies are available upon request at GetInfo@hsb.com along with the geographical areas in which HSB operates and the status of a given HSB certification or certified individual.
The procedures relating to the certification of pressure equipment, permanent joining and construction products:
- QP10.22-7 Inspection and Certification of Pressure Equipment
- QP10.22-8 Assessment, Evaluation & Certification of Quality Management Systems
- QP10.22-10 Approval of Permanent Joining Procedures & Personnel
- QP10.22-11 Design Examination & Verification of Computer Software for Design Calculations
- Certification Process Flow Chart
- Impartiality statement & certification scheme pre-requisites
- Quality Management System rules of certification
- Certification of Quality Management Systems Scheme under EN ISO/IEC 17021-1
- Product Certification Scheme under EN ISO/IEC 17020 & EN ISO/IEC 17065
- Personnel Certification Scheme Review under EN ISO/IEC 17024
- Construction Products Certification Scheme under EN ISO/IEC 17065
- ISO 3834 Certification Scheme Under EN ISO/IEC 17065
HSB IE’s policy on the use of certificates, registration marks and Notified Body number:
HSB IE is committed to working to resolve complaints in a professional, impartial and timely manner. HSB IE has a documented process for the handling of complaints and appeals and a Complaints and Appeals Process summary is available.
Complaints and appeals should be made in writing, including all relevant information and sent to GetInfo@hsb.com.
Quotations for HSB IE’s services, including all applicable fees are available by contacting your local Account Manager or Request a Quote.
28 Windsor Place
Lower Pembroke Street
+353 1 699 4451
Single Source Inspection Service – HSB can perform inspections to all of your pressure equipment requirements.
Global Coverage – Our engineers and inspectors around the world allow us to cost-effectively manage complex, multi-site inspections involving a variety of standards.
Local Presence – We have local representation in Europe, Asia and the Americas so you can strategize globally and act locally.
Responsiveness – HSB responds quickly to urgent situations that require accelerated project schedules and high levels of responsiveness.
Global Inspection Staff – HSB has more than 450 pressure equipment inspectors and supervisors. We have National Board nuclear and non-nuclear commissioned inspectors in Asia, Europe, the Middle East, North and South America.
Client Focus – HSB ensures that the delivered services meet clients’ needs and requirements. Services can include everything from incoming material approval to installation and testing.
Experience – HSB brings together our knowledge of the ASME Codes and Standards, quality program development and surveillance activity, and combines it with our unique understanding of many international codes, which helps you save time and money.
Support – HSB is approved to perform pressure equipment inspections to almost all international codes and standards and often assist clients with design reviews and product inspections for international use.