Use of Marks, Working and Registration Certificates
Certification is an invaluable marketing tool. Certified organizations often want to display the fact that they are certified by using the HSB RS certificate and/or mark. As a result, there are specific rules governing the use of the HSB RS mark and certificate as set forth by HSB RS.
HSB RS has established these terms to allow Client to use the HSB RS registration Mark in its written and electronic stationary, website, literature, advertisements and promotional materials:
- Upon withdrawal of Client’s Certificate, Client must immediately discontinue its use of the HSB RS Mark and any written or electronic materials that contain any reference to Client’s Certificate or the HSB RS Mark.
- Following issuance of a Certificate, HSB RS will deliver to Client electronic versions of the HSB RS Mark available for use by Client in accordance with these terms (eps format for website use and jpeg format for print use). The HSB RS Mark must be used in a size which allows all features of the HSB RS Mark to be clearly distinguishable and must be used without distortion.
The guidelines for color are as follows:
HSB RS Mark:
- PMS 285 (train and HSB) and PMS Cool Grey 11 (A Munich Re company)
- Background color is white
- Spacing surrounding the logo is half the “H” around the logo
IAS Mark or IAS Logo:
- The IAS Mark or IAS logo shall not be used.
- The HSB RS Mark is and will remain the exclusive property of HSB RS.
- Client’s use of the HSB RS Mark following initial registration is subject to review based on the successful results of subsequent annual surveillance audits and/or recertification audits.
- Client must not:
a. change the HSB RS Mark;
b. omit portions of any HSB RS Mark or otherwise use a partial version of any Mark;
c. display the HSB RS Mark or the Certificate on any product or product packaging;
d. use the HSB RS Mark in a manner that suggests that HSB RS has certified, approved or endorsed any product, process or service;
e. use the HSB RS Mark on reports or certificates from calibration and testing laboratories or inspection bodies, to the extent such reports or certificates are considered Client’s products or;
f. When the HSB RS name or Mark is printed on letterhead and/or other Client stationery, such stationery may not be used for work proposals or quotations if none of the work is within the Client’s current scope of certification with HSB RS.
- If Client desires to make reference to its Certificate for promotional purposes, HSB RS recommends the following language:
- “This [product] was manufactured in a plant whose [quality] management system is certified as being in conformity with [specific standard].”
- “This [service] was provided by an organization whose [quality] management system is certified as being in conformity with [specific standard].”