Cyber-attacks now occur to every size business, including many types of mid-sized firms, not just large companies. The high cost of cyber-attacks makes going without cyber insurance a real risk.
HSB Total Cyber™ was specially designed to provide comprehensive coverage for U.S. based companies with annual revenues from $10 million to $250 million. With eight available coverages HSB Total Cyber™ gives clients the flexibility to tailor cyber insurance to their needs.
Coverages for data breach
- Data Breach Response Expenses covers notifications, monitoring and other services.
- Identity Recovery pays for expenses and expert help for a victim to restore credit standings and identity records.
- Data Breach Liability covers litigation and settlement costs resulting from victims affected by a breach who bring a claim or lawsuit against the insured.
Coverages for cyber-attacks or threats of attack
- Computer Attack covers data restoration or re-creation, system restoration, loss of business, and even includes payment for public relations help to manage the insured’s reputation.
- Cyber Extortion pays the amount demanded of an insured under threat of a computer system attack — including the cost of an investigator.
Protection for criminal deception
- Misdirected Payment Fraud coverage pays for direct financial loss resulting from criminal deception using email, facsimile or telephone communications to induce an insured, or a financial institution with which an insured has an account, to send money or divert a payment.
Defense and settlement costs for cyber liability
- Network Security Liability provides for claims that “negligent failure of computer security” caused third-party damage.
- Electronic Media Liability covers claims that information displayed electronically on a website infringes on or violates their rights, or defames them.
Limits and liability
HSB Total Cyber™ is available for companies with revenues of up to $250 million, although we anticipate most companies will typically have revenues from $10 million to $150 million. Typical limits range from $1 million to $5 million, but higher amounts are available on an account-by-account basis.
For more information or a quote contact your HSB Custom Accounts Division representative.
eRisk Hub® website
As part of our cyber coverage programs, HSB offers the eRisk Hub® website, which gives your insureds direct access to a range of risk management tools to help businesses prepare and recover when private, personal information of their customers, employees or others is lost or stolen.
eRisk Hub® is easy-to-use and includes the latest news, notification requirements, self-assessments, training modules, and step-by-step suggestions to understand information exposures, establish response plans, and minimize the effects of a data breach.
Key features of the eRisk Hub® include:
- Incident response plan roadmap - Suggested steps businesses can take following a data breach incident. Having an incident response plan prepared in advance of a breach can be useful for defense of potential litigation.
- Online training modules - Ready-to-use training for business owners on privacy best practices and Red Flag Rules.
- Risk management tools - Assists businesses in managing their data breach exposures including self-assessments and state breach notification laws.
- eRisk resources - A directory to quickly find external resources on pre and post-breach disciplines.
- News center - Cyber risk stories, security and compliance blogs, security news, risk management events and helpful industry links.
- Learning center - Best practices and white papers written by leading authorities.