HSB insures almost 86.5 gigawatts of energy generation capacity in the United States and Canada
Why choose HSB for Energy Insurance?
HSB offers informed capacity, providing stability in what can be an unstable environment.
HSB’s Energy Risk Solutions team of underwriters and engineers is focused on renewable energy and sustainability with the technical expertise to evaluate and understand risk. We understand the environment in which energy risks operate and share our deep engineering expertise to help our policyholders manage their exposures and protect their assets.
HSB is rated A++ (Superior) by A.M. Best Company. As part of Munich Re, we have the ability to leverage a global knowledge base to develop and deliver innovative, forward-thinking risk solutions with technical knowledge, superior risk solutions, and customer commitment you can count on.
HSB Energy Risk Solutions
HSB’s capabilities include builder’s risk through commissioning and operational coverages.
Designed to protect against damage caused by a wide range of property perils including earthquake, flood, named storm, and severe convective storm.
- Operational Property All Risk, including Business Interruption, Extra Expense and Equipment Breakdown
- Builder’s Risk, including Delay in Start-up, Soft Costs, and Equipment Breakdown
HSB engineering capabilities
First-class risk management services for energy risks throughout the United States and Canada include:
HSB engineers help to develop industry standards and guidelines for the equipment and technologies used to generate and distribute clean and renewable energy.
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
- Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA)
- Alliance for an Energy Efficient Economy (AEEE)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- American Clean Power Association (ACPA)
- American Renewable Energy Standards and Certification Association (ARESCA)
Renewable, alternative, and sustainability technologies we protect:
- Solar Photovoltaic
- Hydrogen Fuel Cell
- Conventional Power
- Battery Energy Storage
- Renewable Natural Gas/Anaerobic Digestion
- On-shore Wind
- Electric Vehicle Charging
- Off-shore Wind
- Up to $250,000,000
- $10,000 Solar
- $25,000 All other