Contractors' Plant Insurance
Comprehensive cover for unforeseen loss or damage to construction plant and machinery utilised across commercial/residential projects; available for owned or hired-in plant.
Broker/agent trading options
The construction industry depends upon a wide range of plant and equipment; from tower cranes and large mobile cranes, to excavators, generators and hand tools.
Due to the nature and use of these types of plant, they are susceptible to risks such as damage on site, damage in transit, fire and theft.
Our Contractors' Plant insurance policy provides comprehensive cover for unforeseen loss or damage to construction plant and machinery utilised across commercial and residential projects.
Cover is available for owned or hired-in plant and is targeted at equipment owners, hirers, and construction industry contractors/sub-contractors. However, it is also relevant for manufacturers and businesses that often need to hire in machinery and equipment.
Our Contractors' Plant policy provides:
- cover on a specified or blanket basis for owned plant
- broad description of plant cover covered with owned plant insurance on a reinstatement (new for old) basis up to 24 months old
- legal liability cover for hired-in plant under the terms of the hire agreement
- cover for plant whilst hired out
Our Contractors' Plant policy contains no security conditions as standard. However, premium discounts are available for customers who install quality security systems (such as Thatcham-approved devices) and register with the Construction Equipment Security and Registration scheme (CESAR).
Cover extends to include repair investigation costs, debris removal, recovery of immobilised plant, theft of fuel from insured plant, damage to unmanned aerial devices whilst not being operated, CPA contract lifts, Fire Brigade charges, loss of keys, transit by roll on/roll off ferry, temporary removal outside of the territorial limits but within the European Union.
Delegated Authority/Reinsurance Solutions
We can also provide our partners with innovative, all-encompassing construction solutions.
If you’re looking to provide specialist cover as part of your commercial proposition, contact our Partnerships Team.
Why buy Contractors' Plant Insurance from HSB?
- Policy wordings specifically designed with contractors/sub-contractors, property builders and developers, and construction plant owners in mind
- Extensive underwriting expertise
- Specialist engineering knowledge of plant and machinery
- Cover available across the UK and Ireland
- Access to experienced in-house construction loss control risk engineers
- Access to claims handlers and loss adjusters with specialist knowledge of the construction industry
HSB is committed to providing a superior customer experience through our specialist claims service
HSB Construction Insurance in action
Product Spotlight: HSB Machinery Inherent Defects Insurance
Why choose HSB?
- Leading specialist provider of engineering and technology insurance and inspection services in the UK and Ireland
- UK-based arm of HSB Group, the equipment breakdown insurance and inspection market leader since 1866
- Part of Munich Re, a world leader in risk solutions, consistent risk management and financial stability
- Financially strong and stable – rated A++ (Superior) by A.M. Best Company
- A member of the Institute of Customer Service, demonstrating our commitment to continually improving customer service performance and professionalism