HSB Cyber Suite is a comprehensive cyber insurance program designed to provide protection from a wide range of cyber risks that’s designed for small to mid-sized enterprises. HSB has extensive experience and expertise in cyber risk so we’re continuously enhancing HSB Cyber Suite coverages to keep pace with an evolving cyber risk landscape.
HSB Cyber Suite offers a bundle of coverages to provide multiple layers of insurance defense against complex, ever-evolving cyber risks. HSB Cyber Suite includes the following coverages:
- Data compromise response expenses
- Data compromise liability
- Identity recovery
- Computer attack including business interruption
- Misdirected payment fraud
- Computer fraud
- Cyber extortion
- Network security liability
- Electronic media liability
How HSB Cyber Suite responds
- Data compromise response expenses – Pays insureds for forensic IT, breach notification, credit monitoring and case management services, legal counsel, PR services, Regulatory and PCI fines and penalties.
- Data compromise liability – Third party coverage for suits by affected individuals or judgements brought by states or regulatory agencies; includes defense within limits.
- Identity recovery - Identity theft services for business owners; case management and expense reimbursement for out-of-pocket costs, legal expenses, lost wages, and child or elder care.
- Computer attack – Pays data restoration, data recreation and system restoration costs due to computer attack that damages data and software; includes business interruption and PR services.
- Misdirected payment fraud – Pays for direct financial loss resulting from criminal deception using email, facsimile or telephone communications to induce an insured, or a financial institution with which an insured has an account, to send money or divert a payment.
- Computer fraud - Coverage for when a cyber-criminal uses unauthorized system access to transfer money, securities or other property from the insured's premises or bank to another person or place.
- Cyber extortion coverage – Covers insureds’ negotiator or investigator costs and payments for eliminating ransomware or extortion threat.
- Network security liability – First and third party coverage triggered by network security suit alleging insured’s computer security negligence; settlement and judgment costs, defense within limits.
- Electronic media liability coverage – Covers insureds’ settlement and defense costs for suits alleging copyright or trademark infringement, defamation of a person or organization, or violation of a person’s right to privacy.
Cyber Claim Specialists
Flexible Limit Options
eRisk Hub® website
As part of our cyber coverage programs, HSB offers the eRisk Hub® website, which gives your insureds direct access to a range of risk management tools to help businesses prepare and recover when private, personal information of their customers, employees or others is lost or stolen.
eRisk Hub® is easy-to-use and includes the latest news, notification requirements, self-assessments, training modules, and step-by-step suggestions to understand information exposures, establish response plans, and minimize the effects of a data breach.
Key features of the eRisk Hub® include:
- Incident response plan roadmap - Suggested steps businesses can take following a data breach incident. Having an incident response plan prepared in advance of a breach can be useful for defense of potential litigation.
- Online training modules - Ready-to-use training for business owners on privacy best practices and Red Flag Rules.
- Risk management tools - Assists businesses in managing their data breach exposures including self-assessments and state breach notification laws.
- eRisk resources - A directory to quickly find external resources on pre and post-breach disciplines.
- News center - Cyber risk stories, security and compliance blogs, security news, risk management events and helpful industry links.
- Learning center - Best practices and white papers written by leading authorities.