Welcome to Munich Re
What to Expect
On Your First Day
At Munich Re, we want to ensure that every employee has a warm welcome on their first day. We realize that overwhelming new employees with new hire paperwork and lengthy presentations can be an arduous experience, which is why we have put together an enjoyable and exciting first day for you.
On day one, you will be the centre of attention at Munich Re! You will be provided with a tour of the building and facilities, including introductions to co-workers and Human Resources partners. A small orientation presentation will be held in the morning which will provide you with additional information about the company. You will have a chance to meet with your team and familiarize yourself with the company culture. No need to worry about lunch on your first day as you will be treated to a team lunch with your co-workers. You will also have the opportunity sit down and chat with your People Manager to address any questions that you may have. A company announcement will be sent officially announcing your arrival and ensuring our entire Munich Re community is aware of your new role with us.
Lastly, we want to make sure you feel at home at your new work station. All of our office furniture has been ergonomically designed to make our employees feel comfortable and safe. You will have the opportunity to test out your office space and let us know if there is anything you need or changed to help you work better.
Your First Week
The first few weeks will be focused on making sure you have everything you need to get up to speed in your new role and settle in comfortably.
- You can expect your People Manager to set up a series of one-on-one meetings with you to review your job responsibilities, work expectations and professional goals.
- Our Human Resources partners will provide you with a complete overview of the services and benefits available to you, as well as general policies and procedures.
- You can expect to be partnered with a peer to act as a friendly and accessible resource during your transition.
- There may be training and development workshops that you will have the opportunity to attend.
- To help you better understand how your job role fits into the bigger picture of the overall business, you will also be provided with a business orientation.
We believe in investing in our employees and ensuring you have a smooth transition to our company. We look forward to having you on board with us.