HSB Contractors' Plant Insurance
Brokers/Agents: Access via HSB Fast Track or Acturis
Process mid-term adjustments
Obtain renewal terms
Get an online quote within just a few clicks
Instant access to policy documentation
Manage your customers' MTAs online
Supporting documentation immediately accessible
Focused on minimising the disruption to a construction project, we can provide comprehensive cover for owned and hired-in contractors’ plant.
- Cover is available on a specified or blanket basis for owned plant
- Owned plant insurance on a reinstatement (new for old) basis up to 24 months old
- Legal liability cover for hired-in plant under the terms of the hire agreement
- Cover for plant whilst hired out
Why buy HSB Construction Insurance?
Our underwriters and risk engineers have extensive experience in providing construction insurance and are recognised as experts in this field. Drawing on our vast expertise in the construction sector, we are able to provide insurance products to meet the insurable risks of a specific project:
- Policy wordings specifically designed with contractors, property developers and construction plant owners in mind
- Extensive underwriting expertise of construction projects
- Specialist engineering knowledge of plant and machinery
- Cover available across the UK and Ireland
- Access to experienced in-house construction loss control risk engineers
- An established, responsive E-Trade Team for underwriting referrals, general e-trade support and enquiries
- A dedicated, customer-focused in-house claims team with specialist knowledge of the construction industry
HSB is committed to providing a superior customer experience through our specialist claims service
HSB Construction Insurance in action
Theft of a chipper
A gardening company's chipper, which was stored at a farm, was stolen just a month after it had been purchased on finance. Settlement was issued to the finance company for the amount outstanding, and the remainder to the gardening company.
Accidental damage to a hired-in surveying station
A construction company's hired-in surveying manual total station blew over in the wind, sustaining damage to both the handle and control panel.
Theft of a hired-in digger
A construction company's hired-in digger, secured with a sensor alarm, CCTV and Heras fencing, was stolen by thieves.
Access via HSB Fast Track or Acturis
New HSB Fast Track user? Registration is quick and easy.
Product Spotlight: HSB Machinery Inherent Defects Insurance
Available for periods of up to 12 years, HSB Machinery Inherent Defects Insurance provides comprehensive cover for the mechanical and electrical services installed in new buildings undergoing construction, 'shell and core' building refurbishments, and completed buildings less than two years old.
Why choose HSB?
- Leading specialist provider of engineering and technology insurance and inspection services in the UK and Ireland
- UK-based arm of HSB Group, the equipment breakdown insurance and inspection market leader since 1866
- Part of Munich Re, a world leader in risk solutions, consistent risk management and financial stability
- Financially strong and stable – rated A++ (Superior) by A.M. Best Company
- A member of the Institute of Customer Service, demonstrating our commitment to continually improving customer service performance and professionalism