Contractors' All Risks Insurance/ Contract Works Insurance
Comprehensive cover for any damage that occurs during commercial and residential construction projects; available on a single risk or annual basis.
Broker/agent trading options
Contract works for construction, buildings and civil engineering projects can be complex in nature.
Our Contractors' All Risks insurance policy (also referred to as Contract Works Insurance and CAR Insurance) provides comprehensive cover for any damage that occurs during construction projects.
Available on a single risk or annual basis, our policy can be arranged in the name of the contractor, the principal or joint names depending on the project requirement.
Our Contractors' All Risks Insurance/Contract Works Insurance policy provides cover for:
- materials; from the commencement of loading for despatch to site (including transit and incidental storage)
- contract works insurance cover during the construction period (including automatic continuation of cover for ongoing contracts that increase in contract price; up to 125% of the sum insured)
- maintenance and defective design
- free issue materials where these are included in the declared values
- residential/private dwelling houses and commercial buildings during the construction period, once completed and also pending sale
Our Contractors' All Risks Insurance/Contract Works Insurance policy can be extended to include advance loss of profits, owned contractors' plant and hired-in plant.
Delegated Authority/Reinsurance Solutions
We can also provide our partners with innovative, all-encompassing construction solutions.
If you’re looking to provide specialist cover as part of your commercial proposition, contact our Partnerships Team.
Why buy Contractors' All Risks Insurance/
Contract Works Insurance from HSB?
- Policy wordings specifically designed with contractors/sub-contractors, property builders and developers, and construction plant owners in mind
- Extensive underwriting expertise
- Specialist engineering knowledge of plant and machinery
- Cover available across the UK and Ireland
- Access to experienced in-house construction loss control risk engineers
- Access to claims handlers and loss adjusters with specialist knowledge of the construction industry
HSB is committed to providing a superior customer experience through our specialist claims service
HSB Construction Insurance in action
Product Spotlight: HSB Machinery Inherent Defects Insurance
Why choose HSB?
- Leading specialist provider of engineering and technology insurance and inspection services in the UK and Ireland
- UK-based arm of HSB Group, the equipment breakdown insurance and inspection market leader since 1866
- Part of Munich Re, a world leader in risk solutions, consistent risk management and financial stability
- Financially strong and stable – rated A++ (Superior) by A.M. Best Company
- A member of the Institute of Customer Service, demonstrating our commitment to continually improving customer service performance and professionalism