Comprehensive cover for commercial computer hardware, data losses, increased costs, and virus, hacking and denial of service
Broker/agent trading options
The working landscape has changed significantly, with hybrid working now the new norm for millions of employees. But with less time now spent working in designated offices and premises, what should businesses be thinking about in terms of managing their computer equipment risks?
Have businesses considered these computer equipment risks?
Hybrid work environments
HSB Computer Insurance is a commercial product specifically designed to offer comprehensive cover for computer-related risks.
Our policy is split into sections, providing customers with the flexibility to choose the level of cover they need.
Hardware (core cover)
Reinstatement of data
Increased cost of working
Virus, hacking and denial of service attack
- Reinstatement of data
- Increased cost of working
- Virus, hacking and denial of service attack
can be selected in addition to 'Hardware' to enhance the level of cover.
In addition, 'Virus, hacking and denial of service attack' cover also automatically extends to cover 'Reinstatement of data' and 'Increased cost of working', if these additional covers have been purchased by the customer.
- Electronic office equipment can be automatically included under 'Section 1 - Hardware'. For example, photocopiers; video, audio conferencing and projection equipment; and associated software and programs.
- Extra hardware is automatically covered up to maximum £500,000, during the annual period of insurance, should the insured accidently forget to inform us.
- Following an incident, cover will pay to remove viruses and will help clients to get specialist advice to prevent future viruses or hacking.
- Full theft cover – no forcible and violent entry/exit condition.
- Low policy excesses (£150) and nil for damage caused by fire, lightning, explosion, aircraft and theft. Only £50 excess for mobile telephones and smartphones.
Brokers/Agents: Access via HSB Fast Track or Acturis
Process mid-term adjustments
Obtain renewal terms
New HSB Fast Track user? Registration is quick and easy.
HSB is committed to providing a superior customer experience through our specialist claims service
HSB Computer Insurance in action
Why Choose HSB?
- Leading specialist provider of engineering and technology insurance and inspection services in the UK and Ireland
- UK-based arm of HSB Group, the equipment breakdown insurance and inspection market leader since 1866
- Part of Munich Re, a world leader in risk solutions, consistent risk management and financial stability
- Financially strong and stable – rated A++ (Superior) by A.M. Best Company
- A member of the Institute of Customer Service, demonstrating our commitment to continually improving customer service performance and professionalism