Preparing for inspection
External Boiler Inspection
- Schedule the appointment when the boiler operator or maintenance personnel are available to perform any required testing of controls and safety devices.
- Don’t forget to inform the operator of the date and time.
- Make sure the current certificate of inspection is posted.
- Provide the inspector with clear and safe access to equipment.
Internal Boiler Inspection
Some boilers require periodic internal inspections to comply with jurisdictional requirements.
In addition to the tips listed above, the following actions should be taken by the customer to prepare for an inspection:
- Arrange to have your boiler cool. Remove manhole and handhole plates.
- Clean all boiler surfaces thoroughly, internally and externally.
- If the boiler has a low water fuel supply cut out, have the device dismantled for a complete examination of all parts.
- Disconnect the feed line connection at the boiler.