We know that you're busy - our goal is to complete a thorough jurisdictional inspection without disrupting your operations. It’s important that our inspectors use the time as efficiently as possible to make sure your equipment complies with local codes and regulations. These steps will help you prepare for an inspection:
External Boiler Inspection
- Schedule the appointment when the boiler operator or maintenance personnel are available to perform any required testing of controls and safety devices.
- Don’t forget to inform the operator of the date and time.
- Make sure the current certificate of inspection is posted.
- Provide the inspector with clear and safe access to equipment.
Internal Boiler Inspection
Some boilers require periodic internal inspections to comply with jurisdictional requirements. In addition to the tips listed above, the following actions should be taken by the customer to prepare for an inspection:
- Arrange to have your boiler cool. Remove manhole and handhole plates.
- Clean all boiler surfaces thoroughly, internally and externally.
- If the boiler has a low water fuel supply cut out, have the device dismantled for a complete examination of all parts.
- Disconnect the feed line connection at the boiler.
To Schedule an Inspection
To request a jurisdictional inspection for a boiler or pressure vessel contact the HSB Inspection Hotline at +1 (800) 333-4677 from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST Monday through Friday. You may also complete our online Inspection Request Form or email us at NSCInsp_Hotline@HSB.com. Please have your HSB policy number or your commercial insurance / property policy number available when you call.