Protect your long-term solar investment
Wherever there is sun, there is need for protection
The dynamic and fast-growing pace of the photovoltaic industry has brought with it many opportunities but also many challenges. Rising material costs, high price pressure, changing legal conditions and the introduction of many new players on the field have all led to challenges for suppliers and investors alike.
Over the last 25 years, approximately every fourth manufacturer of solar panels went bankrupt or was taken over – and with them, went the warranties. This market volatility led to investors and park owners bearing the full risk of the panel performance and endangered the overall long-term profitability of their solar investment.
For manufacturers to remain competitive for their clients in this landscape, reliability is essential for the growth of their business on a global scale. Delivering premium quality and state-of-the-art technology that safeguards their customers long into the future is essential.
Meet us at Intersolar India 2021, 2-4 December, Hall 11, A025, Helipad Exhibition Centre, Gandhinagar
PV Warranty Insurance helps your business grow
Benefits for Manufacturers:
- Enables your sales efforts on a global level
- Instills confidence in the performance of your products
- Positions you as a reliable business partner
Benefits for Investors:
- Secures your long-term rentability of your solar investment
- Protects you against insolvency of manufacturers and underperformance of panels
- Can even lead to better financing conditions
Learn more about our Photovoltaic Warranty Insurance portfolio:
Munich Re issues a Warranty Partner List with photovoltaic module manufacturers that meet the following criteria:
The Warranty Partner
- has passed the Munich Re annual due diligence process.
- has bought insurance capacity for at least 100 MWp per year which is reinsured by Munich Re.
- is entitled to register buyers of PV projects larger than 2 MWp for Munich Re's warranty insolvency protection: In the event of the manufacturer’s insolvency, the policy is seamlessly transferred to the registered buyer, ensuring that the warranty claims remain covered.
Munich Re’s PV Warranty Insurance Partners
- Insolvency of the manufacturer, and
- PV module warranty claim
(i.e. faulty manufacturing, material defects, excessive material aging)
- Significant risk transfer: high and extendable insurance protection over 25 years
- Reliable loss payout: no first-come, first -served situation in claims scenarios
- Individualised Benerficiary Declaration Letter issued by Munich
With payout limits of 5–10%, Munich Re’s PV Warranty Insurance meets the financing requirements of most projects.
If buyers might need more coverage, they can extend protection with a Top-Up Cover directly from Munich Re. It provides excess of loss limit coverage for up to 100% of the system’s module value and can be additionally customised to include risks such as costs of labour, transportation or loss of revenue.
4 reasons why you should choose Munich Re’s PV Warranty Insurance
Reserved budgets (dedicated limits) are clearly assigned to each project
Seamless protection for 25 years