PV Warranty Insurance backing your solar investment
Discover Munich Re’s Warranty Partner List
Munich Re issues a Warranty Partner List with photovoltaic module manufacturers that meet the following criteria:
The Warranty Partner
- has passed the Munich Re annual due diligence process.
- has bought insurance capacity for at least 100 MWp per year which is reinsured by Munich Re.
- is entitled to register Buyers of PV projects larger than 2 MWp for Munich Re's warranty insolvency protection: In the event of the manufacturer’s insolvency, the policy is seamlessly transferred to the registered Buyer, ensuring that the warranty claims remain covered.
Learn more about our PV Warranty Insurance
PV Module manufacturers meeting Munich Re’s
Warranty Partner criteria
|(in alphabetical order as of 07/2021)|
|Boviet Solar||Risen Energy||Waaree Energies|
|Goldi Solar||Suntech Power||ZNShine Solar|
|Jinneng Clean Energy||Talesun|
- Insolvency of the manufacturer, and
- PV module warranty claim
(i.e. faulty manufacturing, material defects, excessive material aging)
- Significant risk transfer: high and extendable insurance protection over 25 years
- Reliable loss payout: no first-come, first -served situation in claims scenarios
- Individualised Benerficiary Declaration Letter issued by Munich
With payout limits of 5–10%, Munich Re’s PV Warranty Insurance meets the financing requirements of most projects.
If buyers might need more coverage, they can extend protection with a Top-Up Cover directly from Munich Re. It provides excess of loss limit coverage for up to 100% of the system’s module value and can be additionally customised to include risks such as costs of labour, transportation or loss of revenue.
4 reasons why you should choose Munich Re’s Warranty Insurance.
Reserved budgets (dedicated limits) are clearly assigned to each project
Seamless protection for 25 years