Health and Safety Services
Improving workplace health and safety management systems and practices
We can help businesses to achieve:
- The Noise at Work Regulations 2005*
- The Workplace (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations 1992 for workplace lighting*
Organisations can build our modules to fit their business
Five key selectable modules are available
The scope of this service is to carry out a review of a business’s work equipment safety compliance against the requirements of PUWER*. Our detailed report will identify any compliancy shortfalls, together with any potential improvements, for any equipment which is covered by the Regulations.
- Review of work equipment safety compliance
- Detailed report against the requirements of PUWER*
- Provision of recommendations to meet regulatory compliance and ensure the safety of employees and visitors
- Reduction in risk of injury and equipment damage
- Reduction in production downtime
The scope of this service will include a full review of a business’s health and safety management systems for compliance against relevant legislation and best practices to ensure all legal obligations are understood and met.
This will ensure both the employer and employees are aware of their legal duties.
- Full review of the health and safety management system
- Provision of a detailed report with recommendations
- Ensure effective procedures and processes are in place
- Review of safety training; providing an increased awareness and understanding of an effective health andsafety management system
- Assistance with achieving compliance with relevant legislation
- Reduction of potential incidents due to non-compliance
- Reduction of costs associated with non-compliance
The scope of this service is to review a business’s current health and safety management system arrangements, and to assist in either their transition from OHSAS 18001 to ISO 45001:2018, or to assist in the development of systems and procedures to enable a business to achieve accreditation to ISO 45001:2018.
- Help businesses to understand ISO 45001:2018 requirements, including the provision of a clause by clause review
- Assistance with the implementation of any system developments required in order to achieve accreditation
- Understanding the differences between OHSAS 18001 and ISO 45001:2018
- Assistance with the transition from OHSAS 18001 to ISO 45001:2018
The scope of this service is to carry out workplace noise assessments to assist in achieving compliance with the Noise at Work Regulations 2005*.
Our comprehensive report will provide details on noise levels recorded, and on safe exposure levels of measured activities. We will provide advice on viable options to reduce noise levels where required and, where relevant, provide advice on effective personal protective equipment to reduce and control employee exposure to excessive noise.
We can also help businesses to balance employee work tasks to minimise their exposure to noise by implementing a noise exposure plan.
- Increased awareness and understanding of legal requirements and necessary action to manage employee workplace noise exposure
- Detailed report on noise levels generated in designated workplace areas. Where ‘take action’ levels are reached or exceeded, advice on the reduction of noise exposure; including personal protective protection options (where relevant)
- Advice on the provision of personal noise dose meters for specific employees
- Reduction in potential incidents and costs associated with exposure to excessive noise
- Achieve compliance with The Noise at Work Regulations 2005*
The scope of this service is to carry out workplace lighting assessments to assist in achieving compliance with the Workplace (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations 1992, specifically Regulation 8*. Our service comprises an onsite assessment of workplace areas where lux (a unit of illuminance) levels are measured and analysed via analytical software.
With our ability to measure a range of different lighting applications, our report will allow businesses to understand where shortfalls are present, and where improvements need to be made to maintain satisfactory lighting levels in line with the Regulations.
- Review of current workplace lighting arrangements
- Provision of a detailed report for areas surveyed, together with relevant recommendations
- Provision of evidence that suitable lighting is being provided
- Assistance with achieving compliance with applicable legislation
- Reduction in potential incidents and costs related to ineffective lighting provisions (e.g. accidents, ill health)
Workplace noise assessment**
HSB was engaged to carry out a survey on noise levels at a factory after the company had some concerns about the well-being of its employees in this regard.
Our survey found that noise levels were in excess of safe exposure levels stipulated by legislation. We worked closely with the business to design a new exposure plan for each task at their factory, with recommendations provided for appropriate hearing protection for each activity.
Why choose HSB?
- A leading specialist provider of engineering and technology inspection services in the UK and Ireland
- Consultancy services carried out by our network of in-house, technically-expert Engineering Consultants located throughout the UK and Ireland
- UK-based arm of HSB Group, the equipment breakdown insurance and inspection market leader since 1866
- A member of the Institute of Customer Service, demonstrating our commitment to continually improving customer service performance and professionalism