HSB Inspection Services
Helping customers to maintain workplace equipment safety, optimise the efficiency of plant and equipment, and comply with applicable health and safety legislation.
Periodic engineering inspections of workplace plant, machinery and equipment form a vital part of an employer’s duty; ensuring the health, safety and welfare of their employees and workplace visitors.
Inspections also ensure employer conformity to health and safety regulatory requirements and, ultimately, add value by helping the business to operate efficiently.
How can HSB help?
Our network of competent, multi-skilled Engineer Surveyors are focused on helping businesses of all sizes and industry types, throughout the UK and Ireland, to:
- maintain workplace equipment safety
- optimise the efficiency of plant and equipment
- comply with applicable health and safety legislation
customer satisfaction score (1)
...very professional, giving us great confidence that our equipment has been competently inspected.
Our Engineer Surveyors can help businesses achieve regulatory compliance for the following classes of plant and equipment:
|Equipment category||Legislation (2)|
|Boiler/pressure systems||Pressure System Safety Regulations 2000 (PSSR)|
|Lifting||Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998 (LOLER)|
|Electrical/mechanical||Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER)|
|Local exhaust ventilation||The Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002 (COSHH)|
|Power presses and associated machinery||Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER)|
|Fixed wiring (electrical)||Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 (EAWR)|
|Boiler/pressure systems||S.I. No. 445 of 2012: Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) (Amendment) Regulations 2012|
|Lifting||S.I. No. 299 of 2007: Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations 2007|
|Electrical/mechanical||S.I. No. 299 of 2007 (Regulation 30): Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations 2007|
|Local exhaust ventilation||Health & Safety Authority: Local Exhaust Ventilation (LEV) Guidance document|
|Power presses and associated machinery||S.I. No. 299 of 2007: Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations 2007|
|Fixed wiring (electrical)||S.I. No. 299 of 2007 (Part 3): Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations 2007|
- Control of Major Accident Hazards Regulations 2015 (COMAH)
- Dangerous Substances and Explosive Atmospheres Regulations 2002 (DSEAR)
- Control of Lead at Work Regulations 2002 (CLAW)
- S.I. No. 209 of 2015: Chemicals Act (Control of Major Accident Hazards involving Dangerous Substances) Regulations 2015
HSB Risk Management Solutions
Equipment Condition and Performance Services | Vertical Transportation Services | Health and Safety Services
Our three engineering consultancy services can help businesses to reduce risks, costs, and deliver compliance via improved analysis of their equipment and health and safety practices. Each service is further split into modules, allowing businesses to build them to fit their business.
Why choose HSB?
- A leading specialist provider of engineering inspection services in the UK and Ireland
- Proactive engineering inspection service carried out by our network of competent, technically-experienced Engineer Surveyors located throughout the UK and Ireland
- Engineering inspection services accredited by UKAS (United Kingdom Accreditation Service)
- Provides customers with direct access to their key inspection reports and documentation via our online inspection reporting tool, HSB Connect
- UK-based arm of HSB Group, the equipment breakdown insurance and inspection market leader since 1866