Periodic engineering inspections on plant and equipment operated in the workplace can help maintain a safe operating environment, and add value by helping the business operate efficiently; whilst also ensuring employer conformity to applicable health and safety legislation.
Failure to comply with the law can have serious consequences for a business. Risks can include damage to a business’s reputation, a reduction in workforce efficiency, increased risk of accidents and ill health, and even enforcement by regulators; which, ultimately, can lead to heavy fines or even imprisonment.
Our inspection services
We provide inspection services for the following classes of plant and equipment to assist in compliance with health and safety legislation:
- dust and fume extraction
- power press
- fixed electrical wiring
Inspection services in the Republic of Ireland are provided to comply with the equivalent legislation.
Why choose HSB?
- We are a leading specialist provider of engineering and technology insurance and inspection services in the UK and Ireland
- Proactive inspection service carried out by a network of competent, technically-experienced Engineer Surveyors located throughout the UK and Ireland
- Inspection services accredited by UKAS (United Kingdom Accreditation Service)
- UK-based arm of HSB Group, the equipment breakdown insurance and inspection market leader since 1866
- Part of Munich Re, a world leader in risk solutions, consistent risk management and financial stability
- Rated A++ (Superior) by A.M. Best Company
- We are a member of the Institute of Customer Service, demonstrating our commitment to continually improving customer service performance and professionalism.
Accreditations, certificates and memberships
We hold many accreditations, certificates and memberships in relation to the health and safety of our people, our customers and our inspection services.