Machinery Movement Insurance
Our element of cover provides coverage for the loss and damage caused to plant and machinery during the transit and installation process across commercial/residential projects; for one-off moves or on an annual basis.
Broker/agent trading options
During a construction project, plant and machinery can be more susceptible to losses during transit and movement.
Theft, fire and damage caused during transit and movement are all common risks and can cause significant interruption to a project if they occur.
Machinery Movement insurance is designed to cover the loss and damage caused to plant and machinery during the transit and installation process, across commercial/residential projects.
Principally targeted at haulage contractors and manufacturers, our element of cover is also relevant to businesses that move and re-site machinery on a regular basis.
Our Machinery Movement coverage provides:
- cover for one-off moves or an annual basis
- cover for machinery dismantling, loading, transit, unloading, erection, positioning, re-siting and taking out operations
Delegated Authority/Reinsurance Solutions
We can also provide our partners with innovative, all-encompassing construction solutions.
If you’re looking to provide specialist cover as part of your commercial proposition, contact our Partnerships Team.
Why machinery movement insurance from HSB?
- Policy wordings specifically designed with contractors, property developers and construction plant owners in mind
- Extensive underwriting expertise
- Specialist engineering knowledge of plant and machinery
- Cover available across the UK and Ireland
- Access to experienced in-house construction loss control risk engineers
- Access to claims handlers and loss adjusters with specialist knowledge of the construction industry
HSB is committed to providing a superior customer experience through our specialist claims service
HSB Construction Insurance in action
Product Spotlight: HSB Machinery Inherent Defects Insurance
Why choose HSB?
- Leading specialist provider of engineering and technology insurance and inspection services in the UK and Ireland
- UK-based arm of HSB Group, the equipment breakdown insurance and inspection market leader since 1866
- Part of Munich Re, a world leader in risk solutions, consistent risk management and financial stability
- Financially strong and stable – rated A++ (Superior) by A.M. Best Company
- A member of the Institute of Customer Service, demonstrating our commitment to continually improving customer service performance and professionalism