HSB Cyber Insurance
An add-on product designed to mitigate a cyber event affecting small and medium-sized businesses; reducing its impact from a financial, reputational and business interruption perspective.
Today, virtually all businesses collect and store personal information about customers, employees and others. In 2018, 32% of businesses identified having a cyber security breach or attack in the last 12 months1. The frequency of data breaches - the theft, loss or mistaken release of private information - is an all too common occurrence. But data breaches aren’t just a big business problem; small and medium-sized businesses with fewer data security resources are particularly vulnerable.
In response to the growing demand for cyber insurance, HSB Engineering Insurance has developed an e-trade policy covering computer system, data and cyber risks specifically for small and medium-sized businesses.
HSB Cyber Insurance provides four sections of cover:
- computer system damage and loss of business income
- data breach expense
- cyber liability
Why buy HSB Cyber Insurance?
- Cover designed specifically for small to medium-sized businesses
- Cover provides protection for a range of first and third party exposures and offers broad cover at a competitive price
- Virus, hacking or denial of service attack is not excluded as an act of terrorism
- Cover will pay for professional support to help businesses who are the victim of cyber crime with the threat of damage to their computer system by virus, hacking or disclosing of data
- Full claims support provided by HSB following an incident
- Clear and easy to understand policy wording
- Insurer with international experience and expertise in computer and cyber insurance
Why choose HSB?
- Leading specialist provider of engineering and technology insurance and inspection services in the UK, Ireland and Europe
- UK-based arm of Hartford Steam Boiler, the equipment breakdown insurance and inspection market leader since 1866
- Part of Munich Re, a world leader in risk solutions, consistent risk management and financial stability
- Financially strong and stable – rated A++ (Superior) by A.M. Best Company
- A member of the Institute of Customer Service, demonstrating our commitment to continually improving customer service performance and professionalism