A computer, data and cyber insurance policy all in one; providing comprehensive cover for small and medium-sized businesses across the UK and Ireland.
Broker/agent trading options
The frequency of data breaches - the theft, loss or mistaken release of private information - is on the rise. But data breaches aren’t just a big business problem; small and medium-sized businesses with fewer data security resources are particularly vulnerable.
Whilst data losses for SMEs may not make the headlines, the potential financial cost and reputational impact of a cyber incident can be crippling.
As all businesses could be at risk from a cyber attack or data breach by hackers, viruses or errant employees, having specific insurance coverage in place to mitigate a cyber event can reduce its impact on a business from a financial, reputational and business interruption perspective.
identified cyber security breaches or attacks in the last 12 months *
Key considerations for businesses when choosing cyber insurance are whether the policy provides:
- Cover for the costs of dealing with data breaches
- Cover for the costs of dealing with cyber liability claims
- Cover for business losses from a cyber event
- Cover that helps businesses deal with the impact of cyber crime
- Cover for hardware and data corruption
- Access to expert advice and support (e.g. IT, legal, forensic and media relations) when an incident occurs
HSB Cyber Insurance provides six sections of cover
- Data corruption and extra costs
- Cyber crime
- Cyber liability
- Data-breach expense
- Cyber event – loss of business income
Delegated Authority/Reinsurance Solutions
Why Buy HSB Cyber Insurance?
- Cover designed specifically for small to medium-sized businesses
- Cover provides protection for a range of first and third party exposures and offers broad cover at a competitive price
- Virus, hacking or denial of service attack is not excluded as an act of terrorism
- Full claims support provided by HSB following an incident
- Cover will pay for professional support (e.g. IT, legal, forensic and media relations) to help businesses who are the victim of cyber crime with the threat of damage to their computer system by virus, hacking or disclosing of data
- Clear and easy to understand policy wording
- Insurer with international experience and expertise in computer and cyber insurance
HSB Cyber Insurance in action
Why Choose HSB?
- Leading specialist provider of engineering and technology insurance and inspection services in the UK and Ireland
- Winner of the 2021 British Insurance Awards 'Specialist Insurance Company of the Year' award
- UK-based arm of HSB Group, the equipment breakdown insurance and inspection market leader since 1866
- Part of Munich Re, a world leader in risk solutions, consistent risk management and financial stability
- Financially strong and stable – rated A++ (Superior) by A.M. Best Company
- A member of the Institute of Customer Service, demonstrating our commitment to continually improving customer service performance and professionalism