HSB Machinery and Technology Combined
Equipment breakdown insurance, with the option to include engineering inspection services
Brokers/Agents: Access via HSB Fast Track or Acturis
Process mid-term adjustments
Obtain renewal terms
Get an online quote within just a few clicks
Instant access to policy documentation
Manage your customers' MTAs online
Supporting documentation immediately accessible
We live and work in a world where technology is constantly evolving; creating new forms of machinery and equipment, applications for them, and requirements for businesses to conform to applicable workplace equipment health and safety legislation.
Whilst technology brings many benefits, ever more reliance on electronic components and software is increasing the risk to businesses of equipment failure, breakdown, and non-regulatory compliance.
HSB Machinery and Technology Combined responds to the changing equipment risks, exposures and applicable health and safety legislation by providing comprehensive equipment breakdown insurance, with the option to include engineering inspection services within the policy.
A comprehensive solution for businesses operating machinery and equipment
Equipment breakdown insurance (core cover)
Provides sudden and unforeseen damage and breakdown cover for fixed manufacturing, processing and services equipment, and building services equipment:
- Cover for the failure, breaking, distortion or burning-out of any part of the machinery or equipment during its normal operation
- Includes the failure of any electronic or computer equipment that controls the machinery or equipment, even if there is no physical damage
- Operator error included as standard
- Cover for undamaged non-compatible parts included as standard
- Cover for damage whilst temporarily removed, including during transit, for the purpose of repair, service or modification
- Reinstatement of machinery or equipment as new
Inspection services (optional)
Our network of competent, multi-skilled Engineer Surveyors provide impartial engineering inspection services to assist with statutory inspections across a vast range of plant and equipment for the following classes:
Average HSB Inspection Services
customer satisfaction score (1)
customer satisfaction score (1)
|Equipment category||Legislation: UK (2)||Legislation: Ireland|
|Boiler/pressure systems||Pressure System Safety Regulations 2000 (PSSR)||S.I. No. 445 of 2012: Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) (Amendment) Regulations 2012|
|Lifting||Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998 (LOLER)||S.I. No. 299 of 2007: Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations 2007|
|Electrical/mechanical||Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER)||S.I. No. 299 of 2007 (Regulation 30): Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations 2007|
|Local exhaust ventilation||The Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002 (COSHH)||Health & Safety Authority: Local Exhaust Ventilation (LEV) Guidance document|
|Power presses and associated machinery||Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER)||S.I. No. 299 of 2007: Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations 2007|
|Fixed wiring (electrical)||Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 (EAWR)||S.I. No. 299 of 2007 (Part 3): Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations 2007|
HSB Machinery and Technology Combined is predominantly aimed at the following industries:
Manufacturers and suppliers
Commercial property owners:
Offices, hotels, retail complexes, high-rise residential blocks
Specialist engineering industries
HSB Machinery and Technology Combined in action
High-precision manufacturing firm
Incident: Operator error caused spindle damage within a CNC machine.
Incident: A heating boiler broke down due to failure of circuits within the controls.
After inheriting an overdue equipment schedule, we took full ownership. Starting with the statutory items, which were mainly passenger lifts, we mobilised a HSB Engineer Surveyor task force to focus on bringing everything 100% up-to-date; removing the compliance stress from the customer.
HSB Fast Track
New HSB Fast Track user? Registration is quick and easy.
Find our product under ‘Engineering & Construction’.
Why choose HSB?
- Leading specialist provider of engineering and technology insurance and inspection services in the UK and Ireland
- Engineering inspection services accredited by UKAS (United Kingdom Accreditation Service)
- UK-based arm of HSB Group, the equipment breakdown insurance and inspection market leader since 1866
- Part of Munich Re, a world leader in risk solutions, consistent risk management and financial stability
- Financially strong and stable – rated A++ (Superior) by A.M. Best Company
- A member of the Institute of Customer Service, demonstrating our commitment to continually improving customer service performance and professionalism
These may also interest you
(1) As at 20 July 2022. (2) For Northern Ireland, similar statutory equipment legislation is applicable.