HSB Machinery and Technology Combined
Equipment breakdown insurance, with the option to include engineering inspection services
Brokers/Agents: Access via HSB Fast Track or Acturis
Process mid-term adjustments
Obtain renewal terms
We live and work in a world where technology is constantly evolving; creating new forms of machinery and equipment, applications for them, and requirements for businesses to conform to applicable workplace equipment health and safety legislation.
Whilst technology brings many benefits, ever more reliance on electronic components and software is increasing the risk to businesses of equipment failure, breakdown, and non-regulatory compliance.
A comprehensive solution for businesses operating machinery and equipment
- Cover for the failure, breaking, distortion or burning-out of any part of the machinery or equipment during its normal operation
- Includes the failure of any electronic or computer equipment that controls the machinery or equipment, even if there is no physical damage
- Operator error included as standard
- Cover for undamaged non-compatible parts included as standard
- Cover for damage whilst temporarily removed, including during transit, for the purpose of repair, service or modification
- Reinstatement of machinery or equipment as new
|Equipment category||Legislation: UK (2)||Legislation: Ireland|
|Boiler/pressure systems||Pressure System Safety Regulations 2000 (PSSR)||S.I. No. 445 of 2012: Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) (Amendment) Regulations 2012|
|Lifting||Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998 (LOLER)||S.I. No. 299 of 2007: Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations 2007|
|Electrical/mechanical||Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER)||S.I. No. 299 of 2007 (Regulation 30): Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations 2007|
|Local exhaust ventilation||The Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002 (COSHH)||Health & Safety Authority: Local Exhaust Ventilation (LEV) Guidance document|
|Power presses and associated machinery||Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER)||S.I. No. 299 of 2007: Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations 2007|
|Fixed wiring (electrical)||Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 (EAWR)||S.I. No. 299 of 2007 (Part 3): Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations 2007|
High-precision manufacturing firm
Incident: Operator error caused spindle damage within a CNC machine.
Incident: A heating boiler broke down due to failure of circuits within the controls.
After inheriting an overdue equipment schedule, we took full ownership. Starting with the statutory items, which were mainly passenger lifts, we mobilised a HSB Engineer Surveyor task force to focus on bringing everything 100% up-to-date; removing the compliance stress from the customer.
HSB Fast Track
New HSB Fast Track user? Registration is quick and easy.
Find our product under ‘Engineering & Construction’.
Why choose HSB?
- Leading specialist provider of engineering and technology insurance and inspection services in the UK and Ireland
- Engineering inspection services accredited by UKAS (United Kingdom Accreditation Service)
- UK-based arm of HSB Group, the equipment breakdown insurance and inspection market leader since 1866
- Part of Munich Re, a world leader in risk solutions, consistent risk management and financial stability
- Financially strong and stable – rated A++ (Superior) by A.M. Best Company
- A member of the Institute of Customer Service, demonstrating our commitment to continually improving customer service performance and professionalism