HSB Machinery and Technology Insurance
An equipment breakdown, deterioration of stock, and business interruption policy all in one.
We live and work in a world where technology is constantly evolving; creating new forms of machinery and equipment, and applications for them. Whilst technology brings many benefits, ever more reliance on electronic components and software is increasing the risk to businesses of equipment failure and breakdown.
Equipment breakdown and damage insurance offers businesses protection against unexpected costs associated with the repair and replacement of vital equipment.
HSB Machinery and Technology Insurance responds to the changing equipment risks and exposures by providing an equipment breakdown and damage, deterioration of stock, and business interruption policy all in one; providing comprehensive cover for businesses operating machinery and equipment.
Our policy is a commercial product aimed predominantly at:
- Manufacturers and suppliers
- Food industry
- Commercial property owners: offices/hotels/retail complexes/high-rise residential blocks
- Pharmaceutical industry
- Dairy farmers
- Specialist engineering industries
Our policy provides cover for damage and breakdown to fixed manufacturing, processing and services equipment, building services equipment, and deterioration of stock cover for stock being stored in cold chambers. Optional cover is available for financial loss resulting from these events and to specified customers and suppliers for their own financial loss following an event.
Whilst cover for fire and accidental damage may be included within a commercial property policy, equipment breakdown or damage may not be.
Why buy HSB Machinery and Technology Insurance?
- Equipment breakdown and damage insurance is not usually covered in property or warranty insurance policies.
- Flexibility to cover equipment breakdown, deterioration of stock (now includes stock in refrigerated vehicles or temporary cold storage) and loss of income risks in one policy.
- Damaged machinery and equipment can be replaced with more efficient alternatives which are safer and better for the environment.
- Failure of computers or electronics controlling the machinery or equipment is covered without the need for physical signs of damage.
- Cover is provided for machinery and equipment operated off site and hired in for short-term use.
- Replacement of damaged machinery and equipment parts (includes non-compatible parts) with more efficient alternatives which are safer and better for the environment.
- Loss of income cover if damage occurs at an anchor location and affects profits.
- Public relations cover for professional public relations support when equipment breakdown poses a risk to a business’s reputation.
- Policy developed by an insurer with international experience and expertise in equipment breakdown insurance.
Why choose HSB?
- Leading specialist provider of engineering and technology insurance and inspection services in the UK and Ireland
- Winner of the 2021 British Insurance Awards 'Specialist Insurance Company of the Year' award
- UK-based arm of HSB Group, the equipment breakdown insurance and inspection market leader since 1866
- Part of Munich Re, a world leader in risk solutions, consistent risk management and financial stability
- Financially strong and stable – rated A++ (Superior) by A.M. Best Company
- A member of the Institute of Customer Service, demonstrating our commitment to continually improving customer service performance and professionalism