Energy Efficiency Insurance
Specifically designed for investors in energy conservation measures, energy service companies and those financing energy saving projects
Provides cover for:
(including equipment breakdown)
High energy prices and evolving legislation (e.g. the Minimum Energy Efficiency Standards (MEES), introduced by the Energy Efficiency Regulations 2015; part of the UK Energy Act), combined with a desire to reduce CO2 emissions, have seen increasing investment in green energy initiatives.
With around 40% of all the energy we consume coming from buildings(1), there is a major opportunity to cut both emissions and costs by installing energy saving technologies.
As property owners and occupiers face significant energy cost and pressure to ensure their buildings' energy efficiency, there is an opportunity to cut both emissions and costs by installing energy saving initiatives; such as LED lighting, thermal window films and more-efficient boilers in commercial properties.
HSB Energy Efficiency Insurance is speciﬁcally designed for investors in energy conservation measures, energy service companies and those ﬁnancing energy saving projects.
Available for periods of up to ﬁve years, our policy provides cover for:
- material damage (including equipment breakdown) of the installed systems
- business interruption; protecting against loss of revenue in the event of equipment failure
- asset performance insurance; covering a shortfall in energy savings
Financing these energy saving initiatives often requires the project to be secured against future energy cost savings, and the projects themselves bring with them a need to protect the assets installed, revenues they generate and the potential savings they produce.
Why buy HSB Energy Efficiency Insurance?
- Policy wordings specifically designed for investors, energy service companies and those financing energy saving projects
- Equipment breakdown cover provided as standard
- Loss of revenue cover available on all policies
- Shortfall in energy savings cover available
- Extensive underwriting expertise in building services technologies
- Access to our experienced loss control engineers
- A dedicated, customer-focused in-house claims team
- Inspection services, to comply with regulatory obligations, are available across the UK and Ireland via our network of technically-skilled Engineer Surveyors
Why choose HSB?
- Leading specialist provider of engineering and technology insurance and inspection services in the UK and Ireland
- Winner of the 2021 British Insurance Awards 'Specialist Insurance Company of the Year' award
- UK-based arm of HSB Group, the equipment breakdown insurance and inspection market leader since 1866
- Part of Munich Re, a world leader in risk solutions, consistent risk management and financial stability
- Financially strong and stable – rated A++ (Superior) by A.M. Best Company
- A member of the Institute of Customer Service, demonstrating our commitment to continually improving customer service performance and professionalism
For more information, speak to your insurance broker, your usual HSB contact or contact your local HSB office.