During a construction project, plant and machinery can be more susceptible to losses during transit and movement. Theft, fire and damage caused during transit and movement are all common risks and can cause significant interruption to a project if they occur.
Our Machinery Movement cover is designed to cater for the loss and damage caused to plant and machinery during the transit and installation process. Principally targeted at haulage contractors and manufacturers, the cover is also relevant to businesses that move and re-site machinery on a regular basis.
Our Machinery Movement coverage provides:
- cover for one-off moves or an annual basis
- cover for machinery dismantling, loading, transit, unloading, erection, positioning, re-siting and taking out operations
Why buy HSB Construction Insurance?
Our underwriters and risk engineers have extensive experience in providing construction insurance and are recognised as experts in this field. Drawing on our vast expertise in the construction sector, we are able to provide insurance products to meet the insurable risks of a specific project.
- Policy wordings specifically designed with contractors, property developers and construction plant owners in mind
- Extensive underwriting expertise
- Specialist engineering knowledge of plant and machinery
- Cover available across the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland
- Access to experienced in-house construction loss control risk engineers
- Access to claims handlers and loss adjusters with specialist knowledge of the construction industry
Why choose HSB?
- Leading specialist provider of engineering and technology insurance and inspection services in the UK, Ireland and Europe
- UK-based arm of Hartford Steam Boiler, the equipment breakdown insurance and inspection market leader since 1866
- Part of Munich Re, a world leader in risk solutions, consistent risk management and financial stability
- Financially strong and stable – rated A++ (Superior) by A.M. Best Company
- A member of the Institute of Customer Service, demonstrating our commitment to continually improving customer service performance and professionalism
Guides to loss prevention: Construction
Using our extensive knowledge and experience of engineering and technology risks, built on a heritage of over 150 years, we have developed a series of 'risk guidance documents' which offer both practical advice and guidance based on industry best practices. These include titles such as:
- Mobile cranes overturning on construction sites
- Safeguarding construction plant and equipment
- Water damage on construction sites