Erection All Risks
During a construction project, the responsibility for insuring against loss or damage to electrical and mechanical plant whilst in the erection and installation stage often falls to the contractor or employer.
Erection All Risks (EAR) insurance provides cover for machinery installation and refurbishment, and is available on a single risk or annual basis. Similar to Contractors' All Risks insurance, the policy can be arranged in the name of the contractor, the principal or joint names depending on the project requirement.
Our EAR policy provides cover for:
- machinery from the commencement of loading for despatch to site (including transit and incidental storage)
- erection and installation of plant and machinery during the construction period
- defective design and machinery breakdown, where selected, during testing and commissioning
- free issue materials where these are included in the declared values
Cover can be extended to include advanced loss of profits, owned contractors' plant and hired-in plant.
Guidance on temporary closure of construction sites
Why buy HSB Construction Insurance?
Our underwriters and risk engineers have extensive experience in providing construction insurance and are recognised as experts in this field. Drawing on our vast expertise in the construction sector, we are able to provide insurance products to meet the insurable risks of a specific project.
- Policy wordings specifically designed with contractors, property developers and construction plant owners in mind
- Extensive underwriting expertise
- Specialist engineering knowledge of plant and machinery
- Cover available across the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland
- Access to experienced in-house construction loss control risk engineers
- Access to claims handlers and loss adjusters with specialist knowledge of the construction industry
Why choose HSB?
- Leading specialist provider of engineering and technology insurance and inspection services in the UK, Ireland and Europe
- UK-based arm of HSB Group, the equipment breakdown insurance and inspection market leader since 1866
- Part of Munich Re, a world leader in risk solutions, consistent risk management and financial stability
- Financially strong and stable – rated A++ (Superior) by A.M. Best Company
- A member of the Institute of Customer Service, demonstrating our commitment to continually improving customer service performance and professionalism
Guides to loss prevention: Construction
Using our extensive knowledge and experience of engineering and technology risks, built on a heritage of over 150 years, we have developed a series of 'risk guidance documents' which offer both practical advice and guidance based on industry best practices. These include titles such as:
- Construction site fire safety plan - guidance for site managers
- Tower crane collapse events - risk management
- Safeguarding construction plant and equipment
- Fire caused by hot works