Cyber security has become a key risk to businesses of all sizes, with cyber attacks having become headline news.
Today, virtually all businesses collect and store personal information about customers, employees and others. The frequency of data breaches - the theft, loss or mistaken release of private information - is on the rise. But data breaches aren’t just a big business problem; small and medium-sized businesses with fewer data security resources are particularly vulnerable.
Whilst data losses for small to medium-sized businesses may not make the headlines, the potential financial cost and reputational impact of a cyber incident can be crippling. Firms such as accountants and lawyers might be perceived to hold more sensitive data, but all businesses could be at risk from a cyber attack or data breach by hackers, viruses or errant employees.
In response to the growing demand for cyber insurance, HSB Engineering Insurance has developed a computer, data and cyber policy. Specifically designed for small to medium-sized businesses, HSB Cyber Insurance offers broad coverage for cyber risks. Hardware (including portables) and data corruption cover provides protection for assets, whilst data breach expense, cyber crime, cyber liability and cyber event – loss of business income cover responds to cyber risks.
HSB Cyber Insurance provides:
- Cover for the costs of dealing with data breaches and cyber liability claims
- Cover for business losses from a cyber event
- Cover that helps businesses deal with the impact of cyber crime
- Cover for hardware and data corruption
- Access to expert advice and support (e.g. IT, legal, forensic and media relations) when an incident occurs
- Full claims support following an incident
Why buy HSB Cyber Insurance?
- Cover designed specifically for small to medium-sized businesses
- Cover provides protection for a range of first and third party exposures and offers broad cover at a competitive price
- Virus, hacking or denial of service attack is not excluded as an act of terrorism
- Cover will pay for professional support to help businesses who are the victim of cyber crime with the threat of damage to their computer system by virus, hacking or disclosing of data
- Full claims support provided by HSB following an incident
- Clear and easy to understand policy wording
- Insurer with international experience and expertise in computer and cyber insurance
Why choose HSB?
- Leading specialist provider of engineering and technology insurance and inspection services in the UK, Ireland and Europe
- UK-based arm of Hartford Steam Boiler, the equipment breakdown insurance and inspection market leader since 1866
- Part of Munich Re, a world leader in risk solutions, consistent risk management and financial stability
- Financially strong and stable – rated A++ (Superior) by A.M. Best Company
- A member of the Institute of Customer Service, demonstrating our commitment to continually improving customer service performance and professionalism
HSB and the Prince of Wales' Business Emergency Resilience Group