HSB and Marsh
Engineering panel insurer
We're proud to be working with Marsh to provide innovative engineering and technology insurance and inspection solutions.
Covering a broad range of technologies and industry sectors, our specialist underwriters, engineers and claims teams collectively use their extensive experience and technical expertise to provide expert guidance, training and assistance.
Why choose HSB?
HSB is a leading specialist provider of engineering and technology insurance and inspection services.
With a financial strength rating of A++ (Superior) by A.M. Best Company, we are the UK-based arm of Hartford Steam Boiler; a leading global provider of specialty insurance, inspection services and engineering consulting with a heritage built up over 150 years.
by A.M. Best Company
We have the highest level of technical accreditations and are members of various specialist technical organisations, which includes our inspection services in the UK accredited by UKAS (to ISO 17020:1998).
We are a member of the Institute of Customer Service, demonstrating our commitment to continually improving customer service performance and professionalism.
Designed to support your discussions with customers
Products and services
- HSB Construction All Risks Insurance (annual or project) | Provides comprehensive cover for construction, buildings and civil engineering projects
- HSB Contractors' Plant Insurance (owned or hired-in) | Provides protection for unforeseen loss or damage to construction plant and equipment
- HSB Machinery and Technology Insurance | An equipment breakdown and damage, deterioration of stock, and business interruption policy all in one
- HSB Machinery and Technology Combined | An equipment breakdown and damage, deterioration of stock and loss of business income insurance policy which also includes inspection services
- HSB Machinery Inherent Defects Insurance | A policy covering damage caused by an inherent defect in insured property that existed prior to its practical completion.
Our complete solutions for your customers' equipment and health and safety practices reduce risks, costs, and keep their businesses compliant.
We know every business is different, which is why we’ve designed our consultancy services in modules; providing customers with the option to select what they need, when they need it.
- Equipment Condition and Performance Services | Reducing breakdown, maintenance and energy costs
Five modules available
- Vertical Transportation Services | Improving lift and escalator efficiencies, reducing maintenance and energy costs
Seven modules available
- Health and Safety Services | Improving workplace health and safety management systems and practices
Five modules available
Employers and the self-employed are bound by the requirements of the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 (EAW), made under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, to maintain all electrical systems and apparatus and to provide proof they have done so. Landlords have further obligations under the Consumer Protection Act 1987 to ensure that goods are checked before the tenant takes them over.
HSB is a leading specialist provider of engineering inspection services in the UK and Ireland. Our services are formally accredited by UKAS to the international standards ISO/IEC 17020. Our electrical inspection reports include, within agreed limitations, observations and recommendations, schedules of test results on all circuits and an assessment of the condition of the installation.