Wildfire HD Edition
In the case of wildfires, a few metres can be crucial. Don’t economise on map resolution
Wildfire HD Edition supports you with comprehensive high resolution maps in the analysis and assessment of the increasing risks of wildfires due to climate change in the USA, Canada and Australia.
Wildfire HD Edition is a modular SaaS solution to reliably evaluate the current status of your portfolios or individual locations. Risk scores are calculated using Munich Re’s claims experience and scientific assessment of the impacts of climate change.
It offers high-quality natural hazard expertise to perform efficient exposure analyses of your individual risk locations or entire portfolios. Cluster main risk hotspots, filter dynamically and identify accumulations in your portfolio to provide greater understanding for better decision-making with high-resolution maps in order to generate even more detailed assessments. The risk maps offer a higher resolution in order to generate even more detailed assessments, including key zones for high-risk and high-value locations.
Over 50 million risk assessments every year demonstrate that this is a globally proven, trusted tool.
Benefit from Wildfire HD Edition
Wildfire risk assessment with specific risk scores and high definition maps
Climate data and claims records indicate a significant rise in wildfire hazard and loss levels in the United States, Canada, and Australia.
The size of the losses highlights the large accumulation potential, something that is often underestimated. The frequency of meteorological conditions that favour severe fire seasons has also increased in many regions around the world. Of major importance for the insurance industry in this context are additional regions with highly exposed values, such as the Mediterranean in Europe and regions in Australia.
- Higher resolution to better resolve wildland urban interfaces (WUI), key zones for high-risk and high-value locations. The WUI is 1.5 miles (2.4 km) wide and divided into 5 detailed zones.
- Easy to visualise maps for risk acceptance rather than complex stochastic models.
- API available for flexible integration into your existing tools and processes.
- Underpinned by the claims analysis of one of the world’s leading reinsurers.
- Taking into account the latest knowledge on the impacts of climate change.