Wildfire Risk Score
Wildfire risk assessment with specific risk scores and high definition maps
Climate data and claims records indicate a significant rise in wildfire hazard and loss levels in the United States and Canada. The size of the losses highlights the large accumulation potential, something that is often underestimated. The frequency of meteorological conditions that favour severe fire seasons has also increased in many regions around the world. Of major importance for the insurance industry in this context, are additional regions with highly exposed values, such as the Mediterranean in Europe and regions in Australia.
Munich Re has developed a new wildfire risk map to support wildfire risk management. Risk scores are calculated using Munich Re’s claims experience and scientific assessment of the impacts of climate change. This new feature is available on Risk Suite, Munich Re’s integrated web portal for risk management tools. The screen cast below gives you an indication on the risk maps and scores available.
Key benefits at wildfire high definition (HD) maps and scores
- Munich Re’s proprietary risk score
- Flexible usability: Aggregated risk scores and extra detailed risk indices for advanced underwriting
- Key zone for high risk high values locations. Wildland Urban Interface (WUI) is 1.5 miles (2.4 km)
- Unrivaled coverage of the most exposed U.S. States and Canada
- High definition (HD) resolution, to better resolve Wildland Urban Interface (WUI)
- 25 historical most relevant wildfire footprint addressing high damage areas
- API available for flexible integration into your existing tools and processes
- Intuitive guidance and easy to visualize maps for risk acceptance
The Wildfire Risk Score is part of the Risk Suite – a comprehensive set of software solutions for risk management.
Find out what Risk Suite can do for you.