BIBA Computer Scheme
Comprehensive cover for commercial computer hardware, data losses, increased costs, and virus, hacking and denial of service
Enhanced product for BIBA Members
The working landscape has changed significantly, with hybrid working now the new norm for millions of employees. But with less time now spent working in designated offices and premises, what should businesses be thinking about in terms of managing their computer equipment risks?
Hybrid work environments
HSB Computer Insurance is a commercial product specifically designed to offer comprehensive cover for computer-related risks.
Our policy is split into sections, providing customers with the flexibility to choose the level of cover they need.
Hardware (core cover)
Reinstatement of data
Increased cost of working
Virus, hacking and denial of service attack
- Enhanced computer product
- Access our product via the HSB Fast Track or Acturis e-trade platforms
- Environmental hardware replacement clause, exclusively for BIBA members
- Enhanced commission for BIBA members
- Product training provided as required
- Access to specialist claims handling team
- 'Hardware' cover provides insurance for installed and portable computer equipment.
- Electronic office equipment can be automatically included under 'Hardware'. For example, photocopiers; video, audio conferencing and projection equipment; and associated software and programs.
- Extra hardware is automatically covered up to maximum £1,000,000, during the annual period of insurance, or £500,000 to include any hardware at any new premises owned, leased or occupied by you within the territorial limits should the insured accidently forget to inform us.
- Full theft cover – no forcible and violent entry/exit condition.
- Low policy excesses (£150) and nil for damage caused by fire, lightning, explosion, aircraft and theft. Only £50 excess for mobile telephones and smartphones.
- Fire Brigade charges are covered under the policy up to £100,000 each occurrence.
- Anti-theft devices are covered for repair and replacement up to £25,000.
- Reward for hardware that is successfully recovered up to £10,000.
- Replacement of damaged hardware with more environmental, safer and more efficient hardware (10% of the new replacement cost or 10% sum insured).
Computer equipment defined: What's covered?
Our optional covers:
- Reinstatement of data
- Increased cost of working
- Virus, hacking and denial of service attack
can be selected in addition to 'Hardware' to enhance the level of cover.
In addition, 'Virus, hacking and denial of service attack' cover also automatically extends to cover 'Reinstatement of data' and 'Increased cost of working', if these additional covers have been purchased by the customer.
Process mid-term adjustments
Obtain renewal terms
New HSB Fast Track user? Registration is quick and easy.
|Rob Dixon||Head of Operations - Partnerships, Digital Trading & Direct Clients||Rob.Dixon@hsbeil.com||+44 (0)161 817 2055|
|John Butterworth||Portfolio Underwriting Manager - Digital Trading||John.Butterworth@hsbeil.com||+44 (0)161 817 4621|
|Wendy Hesketh||E-Trade Team Leader||Wendy.Hesketh@hsbeil.com||+44 (0)161 817 2152|
|firstname.lastname@example.org||0161 817 2162 (UK)||1800 200 149 (Ireland)|
|Andrew McGovern||Andrew.McGovern@hsbeil.com||+44 (0)161 817 2037|
|Atish Boolauky||Atish.Boolauky@hsbeil.com||+44 (0)161 817 2153|
|Caroline Griffiths-Davies||Caroline.Griffiths-Davies@hsbeil.com||+44 (0)161 817 2096|
|Dave Allan||David.Allan@hsbeil.com||+44 (0)161 817 2052|
|Katy Waddell||Katy.Waddell@hsbeil.com||+44 (0)161 817 2165|
|Mathew Payne||Mathew.Payne@hsbeil.com||+44 (0)161 817 4619|
|Vanina Oliveria||Vanina.Oliveira@hsbeil.com||+44 (0)121 233 6361|
HSB is committed to providing a superior customer experience through our specialist claims service.
HSB Computer Insurance in action:
- Leading specialist provider of engineering and technology insurance and inspection services in the UK and Ireland
- UK-based arm of HSB Group, the equipment breakdown insurance and inspection market leader since 1866
- Part of Munich Re, a world leader in risk solutions, consistent risk management and financial stability
- Financially strong and stable – rated A++ (Superior) by A.M. Best Company
- A member of the Institute of Customer Service, demonstrating our commitment to continually improving customer service performance and professionalism