Wildfire HD Edition
In the case of wildfires, a few metres can be crucial.
Don’t economise on map resolution.
The Wildfire HD Edition supports you with comprehensive high resolution maps in the analysis and assessment of the increasing risks of wildfires due to climate change in the USA and Canada.
Munich Re, the pioneer of global natural hazard risk scoring, has developed a new Wildfire Risk HD zoning map for the US states of California, Colorado and Arizona and for Alberta and British Columbia in Canada to support wildfire risk management.
Risk scores are calculated using Munich Re’s claims experience and scientific assessment of the impacts of climate change. This new edition is available as part of Munich Re’s Risk Suite, a range of modular risk solutions provided as a software portfolio.
The risk maps in the Wildfire HD Edition offer, in contrast to those of Natural Hazards Edition or Climate Change Edition, a significantly higher resolution in order to generate even more detailed assessments.
Alternatively, these maps can also be integrated as a Wildfire HD Module into Natural Hazards Edition or Climate Change Edition.
Benefit from the advantages of Wildfire HD Edition - the comprehensive solution from the world’s largest reinsurer
Wildfire risk assessment with specific risk scores and high definition maps
Climate data and claims records indicate a significant rise in wildfire hazard and loss levels in the United States and Canada.
The size of the losses highlights the large accumulation potential, something that is often underestimated. The frequency of meteorological conditions that favour severe fire seasons has also increased in many regions around the world. Of major importance for the insurance industry in this context are additional regions with highly exposed values, such as the Mediterranean in Europe and regions in Australia.
- Higher resolution to better resolve Wildland Urban Interfaces (WUI), key zones for high-risk and high-value locations. The WUI is 1.5 miles (2.4 km) wide and divided into 5 detailed zones.
- Easy to visualise maps for risk acceptance rather than complex stochastic models.
- API available for flexible integration into your existing tools and processes.
- Underpinned by the claims analysis of one of the world’s leading reinsurers.
- Taking in account the latest knowledge on the impacts of climate change.