Prepare and protect
Future-focused flood coverage
Floods are the most frequently occurring and the most expensive natural disaster in the United States. According to FEMA, 99% of the counties in the US have experienced flood between 1996 and 2019.1 However, many homeowners and businesses remain uninsured against this threat.
Munich Re US has a comprehensive US flood strategy and white-label flood insurance products that are designed to match homeowners and businessowners with the right solutions to help them recover faster.
Our white-label approach
Severe weather events are on the increase, including heavy flooding in areas that previously never flooded. Unpredictable flood events highlight the need for property owners to have effective flood coverage. With homeowners flood claims averaging $52,000,1 and commercial flood claims averaging $90,000,2 not having flood insurance can be costly.
Munich Re US personal and commercial lines flood endorsements are designed to narrow the protection gap by offering affordable flood insurance designed specifically for homeowners and businessowners in low-to-moderate risk areas. Our turnkey Inland Flood and Commercial Flood endorsements offer expanded coverages that can easily be added onto existing personal lines, commercial packages, or businessowners policies.
InDepth – Flood Digital Platform
InDepthSM is our digital platform to deliver fast and seamless eligibility and pricing to support our flood white-label solutions:
- Locations rated on individual property’s unique risk score
- Advanced flood modeling science with 10-meter grid resolution
- Custom application programming interface (API) developed for agents
- Flood hazard calculations include riverine and surface flooding
Our MGA partners
1. US Department Homeland Security, FEMA, Historical Flood Risk and Costs, July 24, 2020 https://www.fema.gov/data-visualization/historical-flood-risk-and-costs
2. US Department of Homeland Security, FEMA, Keep Your Business in Business, June, 2017 https://www.fema.gov/media-library-data/1504550112310-920e02c2d29c38e996c8b8b8e8a54e05/FEMA_Commercial_English_SinglePage_508_8-22-17.pdf