Release of an announcement according to Section 27a para 1 of the WpHG
With letter dated 15 October 2010 (1) Mr. Warren E. Buffett, Omaha, USA, (2) Berkshire Hathaway Inc., Omaha, USA, (3) OBH LLC, Omaha, USA and (4) National Indemnity Company, Omaha, USA have notified us that they each have exceed the threshold of 10% of voting rights in our company within the meaning of §§ 21, 22 of the German Securities Trading Act (WpHG) on 11 and 12 October 2010, respectively. We refer to the voting rights notification according to § 21 para. 1 WpHG as of 19 October 2010.
With respect to the intention for the acquisition of voting rights and the source of funds used for the financing of the acquisition of such voting rights the notifiers (1) through (4) each disclosed the following:
- The investment serves the purpose of making trading profits and not of implementing strategic objectives.
- It is intended to acquire further voting rights within the next twelve months.
- It is not intended to exert influence on the composition of the management, direction or supervisory organs of Münchener Rückversicherungs-Gesellschaft Aktiengesellschaft in München.
- It is not intended to significantly change the capital structure of Münchener Rückversicherungs-Gesellschaft Aktiengesellschaft in München, in particular not with regard to the equity/debt-ratio or the dividend policy.
- The funds used for the financing of the acquisition of voting rights in Münchener Rückversicherungs-Gesellschaft Aktiengesellschaft in München are equity capital.
Munich, 19 October 2010
The Board of Management