Business and Solutions
In these times of changing markets and ever-more complex risks, insurers increasingly need customised solutions, consulting, and services that go far beyond traditional reinsurance. That is why Munich Re always seeks dialogue with clients and takes the time to listen to them. We develop integrated concepts for clients – from traditional reinsurance to managing large complex risks, and balance-sheet optimisation. Munich Re also develops innovative covers for alternative energies, and conducts in-depth geo-scientific research.
Being part of the global Munich Re network, the India Branch Office has, in addition to its own local expertise, access to the skills and reinsurance capacity of the Group, Munich Re.
Based on a profound knowledge of primary insurance business, Munich Re develops proportional and non-proportional facultative reinsurance solutions for the following classes of business: fire and miscellaneous perils, general liability, professional indemnity, personal accident, engineering risks and construction. With substantial underwriting capacities to draw on and immediate access to the head office’s capacity, the facultative team can also meet highly specific cession requirements.
Munich Re supports its clients extensively in various areas, including product development, experience analysis, tailored client-specific training, and underwriting and claims audits. Additionally, for clients seeking support on their health strategies, Munich Re provides services for assessing the quality of third-party administrators.
Munich Re is equipped to deliver a wide range of consulting services in the following areas:
- New entrant support: Sharing information relating to the market and regulatory environment, the license process, products, risk management processes, etc.
- Product development: Introducing new product ideas, suggesting innovations, reviewing the product development process, assisting with product design, etc.
- Portfolio management: Partnering with clients in developing product strategies and execution, conducting portfolio reviews, etc.
- Actuarial: Support in establishing pricing bases, risk management, conducting experience studies, etc.
- Underwriting: Support in setting dynamic non-medical limits, tele-underwriting, evidence-based rating, and periodical reviews of underwriting claims and operational efficiency
- Automation in underwriting (Munich Re Automated Solutions (MRAS)): This is a new business and underwriting-process automation software solution which helps make straight-through processing (STP) and instant issue a reality
Client services: Seminars and publications
As a leading global reinsurer, Munich Re takes pride in its expertise in the area of risk management in all aspects of insurance business, and shares this expertise through appropriate seminars, surveys, and publications.
Munich Re client seminars serve as a platform for knowledge-sharing and creative discussion with our clients from all classes of insurance business and geographic regions. In both advanced interactive workshops and training courses, several hundred experts with practical experience are available to discuss their specialised topics with our clients every year.
Munich Re publications keep our clients up to date on developments in relevant fields.
More information can be found at connect.munichre.com, our client portal.