During the first week of the programme, we will have three sessions that need some preparation from your side. First, the “Getting to know each other – Gallup: CliftonStrengths Workshop” second, the “Home Market Presentations” and third: "Digitalisation and Tech afternoon". Below you find further details.
And there is also a checklist summarizing all you need to know and do regarding registration, visa and vaccination requirements and much more.
The Gallup: CliftonStrengths Finder is a web-based self-assessment tool, based on 50 years of research. Within approx. 30 to 60 minutes you can find out about individual strengths and how you can best use them. You will receive an individual report and all we ask you to do is to bring the results along to Munich – as we will be using some of the results in our introduction workshop on Thursday, 11 May 2023.
We will send you an access code by beginning of April. Your participation is of course voluntary and in case you decide against it, we will find a workaround for the introduction workshop. But we can only encourage you to test it. Our 2021 & 2022 Advance fellows were really excited about it!
Here is your second task for Advance 2023: on May 15 and 16, you and your co-fellows will give a short presentation with a dual purpose. First, the presentation will give us the chance to get to know the talented professional you are. Second, it will offer an insight into your country’s insurance industry and its challenges to a larger Munich Re audience.
Although we are excited to see what each participant will offer in the presentation in regards to enthusiasm and originality, here are some basic tips to get you started with your preparation:
In addition to your co-fellows and your MR contacts, we will invite other Munich Re participants, not only those based in Munich, but also from our international offices. So we will have an audience based at our Munich Re premises in Munich and some participants connected online, in a hybrid setting.
How does it look like?
Your MR contact will call you on stage and will briefly explain the relationship between your company and MR.
After that, please introduce yourself in the way you prefer. A suggestion is that you bring a small object, a photo or some other original idea of yours that represents you or is typical for your home country – something you identify with on a personal level. The more creative, the better!
After that, please tell the audience about your country’s insurance industry, the environment your company operates in, the specifics of your company etc..
You may focus on any aspect you find important, but here are some suggestions:
- What are the characteristics of your market (e.g. insurance penetration, premium volumes, concentration ) and the products sold?
- What is the role of reinsurance in your market?
- Which trends do you see for the future?
- What challenges do you expect?
- What is your company’s unique value proposition?
- Do you have recent success stories of your company to share?
The entire presentation – personal introduction as well as home market presentation – should take 10-15 minutes. This is a very short timeframe – so less is more!
After your presentation, we will have a short Q&A session.
We do not suggest a fixed format for your presentation but would nevertheless recommend a ppt presentation with focus on strong images.
Please send this presentation to us by 28 April, 2023.
Fast-paced technology developments keep challenging the insurance industry – together we will explore the most significant trends in the Digitalisation & Tech afternoon on 16 May 2023.
The basis for this session will be the Munich Re/ERGO Tech Trend Radar 2023 which will guide us through the most significant innovations.
We will start this session with the big picture of technology innovation and plan to continue with deep dives into the trends that are of most interest and relevance to you.
We see 40 ++ trends in five trends fields:
- Data & AI
- Cyber & Crypto
- Emerging Industries
Please take a closer look by following the link to the Tech Trend Radar 2022 and please share your priorities with us. You will find the respective question in the registration form.
Thank you for helping us to make this session most valuable for you!
- Fill in the registration form
- Send a portrait photograph of yourself (jpg, size 208 x 208 pixels)
- Apply for a multiple-entry visa for Germany (if required)
- Apply for a UK business visitor visa (if required; see application link)
- Take out third-party liability, personal accident, health and travel insurance for your stay abroad
- Please make sure to fulfil the EU and UK entry regulations regarding COVID 19
Please send the following information to Advance (Pool) by Friday, 28 April 2023
- A copy of your German visa (if required for your stay)
- A copy of your UK visa (if required for your stay)
- A copy of your documents for travel, medical, liability and accident insurance
Home market presentation
- Prepare your home market presentation and send it to Advance (Pool) before Friday, 28 April 2023
Gallup: CliftonStrengths Finder
- Do the self-assessment before Thursday, 11th May
Digitalisation and Tech afternoon
- Please send us your preferences in the registration form by Wednesday, 15 March 2023
Do not forget to bring:
- Your passport
- A copy of your insurance policies
- Your vaccination certificate
- Your international driver’s license (if necessary)
- Technical equipment: laptop, adapters for Germany and the UK, smartphone
- For leisure activities and trips: warm jacket/coat, waterproof clothing, bathing suit, comfortable and sturdy shoes
- A backpack or small suitcase (for clothes/personal items for our 2-day excursions outside of Munich), slippers for the guest house