Spearheading wildfire mitigation efforts forward
A partner delivering expertise and innovation
Munich Re US experts have closely studied wildfires for well over a decade and have invested in new ways to help insurers better manage wildfire risk exposure. Focused wildfire research has led to more up-to-date analyses of factors contributing to frequent, intense wildfires aiding in the development of:
- updated tools for assessing wildfire hazard areas
- best practices underwriting guidelines
- new and improved risk control capabilities
Our goal: Help insurers better manage their portfolios in light of these evolving threats, by leveraging subject matter expertise and global business experience.
Over 4.5 million homes in the US were identified at extreme risk of wildfire in 2019.1
Firebrand® - Wildfire Digital Platform
- Consultations to develop the underwriting, pricing and risk inspection guidelines
- Custom application programming interface (API) developed for agents
- Munich Re Wildfire Risk Layer to inform risk selection, rates and accumulation controls
- Real-time Portfolio Accumulation Tracking and active management of product features to ensure spread of risk
- Interactive dashboard to monitor performance and continue collaborating on product refinements
The material presented here is for your internal use only and may not be further distributed without the express written permission of Munich Reinsurance America, Inc. (“Munich Re US”) and/or Münchener Rückversicherungs-Gesellschaft Aktiengesellschaft in München ("Munich Re"). No representation or warranty of any kind, whether express or implied, is provided with respect to the accuracy, completeness, or applicability of this material to any recipient’s circumstances. Munich Re disclaims any and all liability whatsoever resulting from use of or reliance upon this material.