During an online session, cookies are stored on your computer. These are small files that control the display and operation of our website. Cookies will not damage your computer and do not contain viruses.
When you visit our website, and wish to make use of the functions we offer, we use one group of cookies that are required for technical reasons. These cookies are so-called "session cookies". They are automatically deleted at the end of your visit.
Furthermore we use a consent management platform (i.e. an approval management service), with which we document and implement your decisions regarding the data processing on our website. The Consent Management Platform used on the Munich Re Website was developed and is managed by Usercentrics GmbH, Sendlinger Straße 7, 80331 Munich, Germany. In order to do that, small files (analog cookies) are stored locally in the cache of your browser. This happens regardless of whether you agree or reject certain cookies. They continue to exist and can be read out even after the browser window has been closed or the program has been closed - provided that you don't delete the cache.
If you agreed to this, we also employ other cookies to carry out statistical evaluations of the range of our websites. We perform anonymised statistical evaluations of these websites. We do not establish any personal link to you. We commission a service provider (Adobe Systems Software Ireland Limited, 4-6 Riverwalk, Citywest Business Campus, Dublin 24, Ireland) to carry out the statistical evaluations, and these are performed exclusively for us and on our behalf. For this reason, when you visit our websites, cookies from this service provider are also stored on your device. These cookies enable us to recognize your browser on your next visit and remain on your terminal device until you delete them.
The data for carrying out statistical evaluations of our website is stored and processed in Europe (Ireland, France), but for supporting reasons there might be access to the data by Adobe employees outside EU. (Switzerland, Canada, United Kingdom, India or USA). While Switzerland, Canada, and the United Kingdom have a level of data protection appropriate to that of the EU, the level of data protection in India and USA does not correspond to the EU data protection level. In these countries, there is a risk that your data may be processed by authorities, possibly without the possibility of legal recourse.
The data transferred to LinkedIn is stored and processed in the USA. The level of data protection in the USA does not correspond to the EU level of data protection. Therefore, there is a risk that your data may be processed by authorities, possibly without the possibility of legal recourse.
On our website we use following cookies
Technical necessary cookies:
- JSESSIONID, www.munichre.com, the session ID for internal use on the server, specifically used for load distribution, is removed at the end of your browser session.
- AMCV_###AdobeOrg, contains the unique Adobe Experience Cloud user ID for visitor identification using Adobe Analytics, duration 24 months.
Cookies for statistical evaluations:
- s_ecid, contains a copy of the Adobe Experience Cloud ID for visitor identification using Adobe Analytics, duration 24 months.
- s_cc, Session-Cookie, detects whether cookies are permitted, and is removed at the end of the browser session.
- s_sq, Session-Cookie, registers the last link clicked, and is removed at the end of the browser session.
- s_vi, contains a unique visitor ID for visitor identification using Adobe Analytics, duration 24 months.
- s_fid, contains a copy of the unique visitor ID for visitor identification using Adobe Analytics, duration 24 months.
Cookies for marketing purposes:
You can manage, change or revoke your cookie preferences at any time in the "Cookie Settings".
You can find the "Cookie Settings" as a link on each of our pages.
Server log files
The information that your browser automatically sends us is collected automatically and saved in server log files. They contain:
- Browser type and version
- Operating system used
- Referrer URL (the URL that the user comes from)
- Host name (network name) of the accessing computer
- Time of server request
This data cannot be traced to individual people. We do not merge this data with other data sources. We reserve the right to review the information subsequently, and report it to authorities (such as the police or public prosecutor’s office), if there are concrete indications that our internet presence is being used illegally (for example, a hacking attack on our network).