Detailed images of typical lifting plant and equipment used in industry, together with the applicable UK and Ireland legislation.
Types of lifts can include:
- Electric goods and passenger lift (usually of larger capacity and not usually computer controlled)
- Electric goods lift (intended for goods only and without the in car controls)
- Home lift (found in homes for domestic use. Also found in some residential care homes and occasionally small hotels)
- Service lift (electrically powered or manually operated by the use of a continuous rope, they are used in hotels and factory stores for transporting food/small parts between floors)
- Hydraulic goods and passenger lift (similar in use to the electric, version but powered by a hydraulic ram)
- Hydraulic passenger lift (similar in use to the electric version, but powered by a hydraulic ram which can be directly mounted or indirectly via a system of ropes or chains)
How HSB can help
HSB Inspection Services: Our network of competent, multi-skilled Engineer Surveyors help customers throughout the UK and Ireland to maintain workplace equipment safety, optimise the efficiency of plant and equipment, and comply with applicable health and safety legislation; covering boiler/pressure, lifting, electrical/mechanical, dust and fume extraction, power press equipment, and fixed wiring installations.
HSB Risk Management Solutions: We can help businesses to reduce risks, costs, and deliver compliance via improved analysis of their equipment and health and safety practices. Consisting of three services, each service is further split into modules, allowing customers to build them to fit their business.