Identity Recovery Coverage
The process of restoring a stolen identity can be complex, frustrating and time-consuming. Loans and other activity dependent on the insured’s credit may be put on hold, while the restoration process can cost thousands.
Identity Recovery coverage not only pays for costs related to restoring identity integrity to pre-theft status, but includes top professional services to help individuals navigate the restoration process faster, with less trouble.
Identity Recovery Services
Identity Theft Help-Line
Case Manager Service
It is very helpful for victims to have the assistance of professionals because it is typically very difficult for individuals to work with or even reach the correct persons in credit bureaus, creditors and financial institutions. Confirmed identity theft claimants are referred to a Case Manager who guides them through all the steps in the process to correct their credit history or identity records. This can include:
- Calling credit bureaus and creditors and facilitating communications between the victim and person who can correct records;
- Helping victims review their credit reports to identify errors that need to be corrected and coordinating action to make those corrections;
- Writing letters for the insured to send to credit bureaus and other institutions;
- Keeping detailed records of the steps taken and remaining in the process.
Expense Reimbursement Coverage
Expense Reimbursement Coverage pays victims for the costs they incur in the steps they handle themselves to resolve problems resulting from identity theft. Covered expenses include the following:
- Certain legal fees caused by identity theft;
- Notary and filing fees
- Lost wages as a result of time away from work;
- Child and elder care costs;
- Credit bureau reports;
- Fees when reapplying for loans initially declined due to falsified credit information;
- Postage, phone and shipping fees.