Miscellaneous Professional Liability
Protecting your business in today’s changing marketplace.
- Up to $5,000,000 in limits
- $5,000 minimum deductible and premium
- Primary and excess
- Duty to defend
- Tailored definition of professional services
- Supplementary payments for:
- Defense for Disciplinary Proceedings
- Subpoena Expenses
- Loss of Earnings
- Punitive damages where insurable by law
- Broad definition of Insured to include: independent contractors, joint ventures, and subsidiaries
- Automatic coverage for subsidiaries
- Personal Injury coverage for bodily injury/ property damage
- Pecuniary interest of up to 20%
- Innocent insured coverage for alleged fraud and discrimination acts and defense provided for such claims through judgment or final adjudication
- Allocation of defense and damages for covered and uncovered matters
- Defense and Settlement 75% / 25%
- Automatic Acquisition Threshold 20%
- Contingent BI/PD available for certain classes
- Our paper is Princeton Excess and Surplus Lines Insurance Company, rated A+, XV (Superior) by AM Best and financial strength rating of AA- (very strong) from Standard & Poor’s.
Collection Agent: A collection agent uses robot dialing and does not scrub for cell phones. Calling system dials a cell phone number multiple times. Owner of the cell phone files suit against agent for TCPA violation. Each call is an individual violation. This practice often times leads to class action status.
Consultant: A consultant provides a strategy to a client in order to attract more business. The consultant failed to get accurate information of the demographics of the area. The client relies on the faulty advice and the business does not grow. The client then sues, alleging loss of income due to improper fact verification and misrepresentation.
Property Manager: A property manager was contracted by the owner to manage a retail space. Tenants did not renew their leases as the property manager did not upkeep the property properly. The owner sued the property manager for negligence and breach of contract, alleging loss of income due to his lack of maintaining the property.
Download our Miscellaneous Professional Liability Product overview for more information.
- +1 (415) 601 4333